PDA

View Full Version : school aged children

Beenletloose
22-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Hi i am pretty new and up until now have not had any school aged children.
What kind of paperwork should we do for kids over 5 years. As usually they only come for a couple of hours a day. is it just daily diaries and some interests and plans, do we have to plan activities or just allow free play. What will Ofsted want to see for over 5 years.

Thanks everyone for any advice.

i have just got the hang of pre schoolers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

rosebud
22-11-2011, 03:55 PM
You don't have to do any paperwork in terms of learning and development. If you want to do them a scrapbook or photos or something thats up to you but theres no legal requirement.

sarah707
22-11-2011, 06:17 PM
I always offer older children a scrap book... but most of them prefer to take their pictures etc home at the end of the day.

As Rosebud says you don't have to do anything written with them at all once contracts, permissions etc are in place.

Don't forget to check the Childcare Register - there are differences from the Eyfs that will need to be addressed.

Hth :D

craftygirl
29-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Do you still send something home with school aged children letting their parents know what thay have eaten?? I know they are able to tell their parents but going off my own children I never know what they have eaten at school etc!

sarah707
29-11-2011, 06:07 PM
I have a chat with parents normally and tell them what they have done or encourage the child to tell parents.

I display a menu and say whether they've had a good meal or not.

Hth :D