PDA

View Full Version : Think I have blown it

claire250182
21-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Got my pre reg at 10am tomorrow. I just cant get my head around the EYFS. I can't remember the different sections, I don't know the welfare regs. Portfolio is done, Policies & procedures in place, Risk assessment done, house is clean and safety proof. Have I blown it girls? I am not going to know any of the answers to the questions she asks me!!!! GUTTED!

mrs robbie williams
22-11-2011, 06:44 AM
hiya, i wouldnt worry too much about the six areas just write them down, its not until you start using them everyday for obs and linking that they make more sense (thats what i found) - good luck, let us know how you get on xxx

EmmaReed84
22-11-2011, 06:48 AM
I didnt know them all either, however I had my folder, EYFS book and tons of other books and guides to hand for quikc reference, remember it is not an exam.

I was asked loads of questions, how will you do this, how will you keep the children safe, how will you deal with unwanted behaviour etc. I breezed through my pre-reg with nothing to amend as I had already done a risk assessment and I told her what I needed to do. x

Hope it all goes well, let us know how it goes.

miffy
22-11-2011, 07:35 AM
You won't be expected to know eyfs inside out so try not to worry, I'm sure you'll be just fine.

Good luck

Miffy xx

Chimps Childminding
22-11-2011, 07:38 AM
Nothing to add except GOOD LUCK :thumbsup:

keeks
22-11-2011, 07:58 AM
Yes, keep your EYFS pack out so you can refer to it. Are there any EYFS courses you could attend in your area? If so, tell the inspector that is your intention. If not, there may be online courses available. Also, books like Penny Tassoni's EYFS Handbook are very helpful, perhaps you could order it and tell the inspector that too.

They won't expect you to know loads before you've even started. It will all fall into place when you start working.

Good luck!

xx

mama2three
22-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Dont worry! easier said than done I know!
you have lots more in place than I had at prereg , and although I was asked questions the inspector asked and answered them herself mainly! Most inspectors are simply happy if you have a fair understanding of where to find the information - if you have written all your policies then they should cover most of the welfare requirements anyway. If asked you can simply say I would refer to my ...policy and the welfare requirements!

VeggieSausage
22-11-2011, 08:55 AM
I felt the same as you when I had my pre-reg - they are inspecting you but give you lots of advise, not trying to catch you out. You can look up anything you don't know - she will be looking that you know where to find it more than remembering everything - don't worry! ......you'll be fine. Risk assessments are more important than anything - just to show you have doen them and are aware of hazards in your home.