PDA

View Full Version : What/how many policies do I need to do?

jw19nr
16-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Hello. I am trying to make a start on all my paperwork and was wondering what ones we need to do? And also what extra paperwork there is that is needed or just a good idea to make a good impresion.

I want to put it all together and get it sorted asap. Paperwork drives me mad!!!

crazybones
16-05-2008, 07:56 PM
There are heaps of policies on the NCMA site and the Bromley site

http://www.*************/MainWebSite/Homepageb51465f4.aspx?Map=163EB4336F1F8E141AF4FDF3 DCD0FDA9

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/policies_and_procedures.html

You need to read through them and decide which ones apply to your setting and adapt them accordingly. Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

miffy
16-05-2008, 08:02 PM
You must have a complaints procedure but other than that written policies are good practice but not mandatory atm.

That will change with EYFS - Annie has given you some good sites to take a look at

miffy xx

Mrs M
17-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Hi, I have written 20 policies. I write a policy on anything I can think of that's relevant to the setting. There are the obvious ones like photographs, complaints, confidentiality, medication etc. I also have a pets policy even though the children have no access to my pets, house rules, outings (car, bus, train). Also, Sarah Neville sells some great stuff on her site. Daily safety checks, daily diaries etc. There is soooooooooo much paperwork! However, once you're in a routine, it's not quite as daunting as you originally think.
In my experience, having written policies, written sleep monitoring forms, safety checks, fridge/freezer temperature forms etc makes a great impression. Parents and friends love what I have written down. It's part of being an organised person and running a good business.
If you need any help, pm me and I'll email you some of my ideas.
Emma x:D

sarah707
17-05-2008, 06:14 PM
There are certain policies that you cannot work without - complaints, safeguarding, health and safety, working with parents, emergency procedure, lost and missing child procedure etc... you will find the core ones on the ncma website.

Then there are some that are good to have - lots and lots on Bromley. You don't need them all and with eyfs some of them will change, so be selective and in all cases think about how you work, don't just copy them but make them work for you :D

LOOPYLISA
19-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi, I have written 20 policies. I write a policy on anything I can think of that's relevant to the setting. There are the obvious ones like photographs, complaints, confidentiality, medication etc. I also have a pets policy even though the children have no access to my pets, house rules, outings (car, bus, train). Also, Sarah Neville sells some great stuff on her site. Daily safety checks, daily diaries etc. There is soooooooooo much paperwork! However, once you're in a routine, it's not quite as daunting as you originally think.
In my experience, having written policies, written sleep monitoring forms, safety checks, fridge/freezer temperature forms etc makes a great impression. Parents and friends love what I have written down. It's part of being an organised person and running a good business.

Hi ideas would be great please ! x:thumbsup:

caza
20-05-2008, 06:36 AM

Hope you dont think I'm being cheeky but I would love to see some of your ideas too if you dont mind. All this talk of paperwork has got my head spinning :eek:

Caroline

Mrs M
24-05-2008, 08:28 AM
Hope you dont think I'm being cheeky but I would love to see some of your ideas too if you dont mind. All this talk of paperwork has got my head spinning :eek:

Caroline

Hi,
I am more than happy to send anyone samples of my paperwork. If you pm me your email addresses then I'll forward them to you.
Emma x

angeldelight
24-05-2008, 08:45 AM
Just wanted to say good luck

Angel xx

lottiesmummy
28-05-2008, 03:10 PM
There are heaps of policies on the NCMA site and the Bromley site

http://www.*************/MainWebSite/Homepageb51465f4.aspx?Map=163EB4336F1F8E141AF4FDF3 DCD0FDA9

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/policies_and_procedures.html

You need to read through them and decide which ones apply to your setting and adapt them accordingly. Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

Thank you so much for the links :) they have really helped me xxxxxxxx

So pleased I have found this forum xxxx

jw19nr
28-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Thank you for the links and advice. And thank you to Emma who has let me see her paperwork. Have made a start on mine now so will hopefully have some main ones to show a my pre reg tomorrow. :)

angeldelight
28-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Good luck with your pre reg tomorrow

I am sure you will fine they are there to help you

Let us know how it goes

Angel xx

JazzyL
28-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks Emma, I am slowly working my way through them - they're great :clapping:

Ebs71
29-05-2008, 09:10 PM

Hi, how do i get in touch with Sarah Neville? im new her today and finding my way around:)

Thanks in advance

Mrs M
31-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Hi, how do i get in touch with Sarah Neville? im new her today and finding my way around:)

Thanks in advance

Just look on www.knutsfordchildminding.co.uk.