PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of NCMA membership

Penny1959
20-11-2011, 05:01 PM
One of the things that came up in my questionnaire was that both members and non members did not actually know what the benefits of NCMA membership are.
I have to admit that it was not that easy to find out – as had to access different pages on the website– and not all of them were linked - in fact not 100% sure have the all now. So I will be feeding that back to NCMA

Via your ‘My NCMA’ page you can access a range of benefits (login and password required)

• 30% discount on Creative Steps Magazine subscriptions
• 10% on Childcare Magazine subscriptions
• 10% at Keep ‘Em Busy
• 5% off at 2 became 4
• 10% off at Playscope
• 10% discount at Halfords – in store and online
• 10% discount at the Early Learning Centre
• 5% discount on orders over £50 and free delivery at sbs
• Discount at asco educational
• Discount at Tuska Toys.
• Discount at Lightbox Education
• Discount at walkodile
• Discount with TTS
• Discount at everything earlyy ears
• Discount at babysecurity
• Discount at bargainbooks4kids

You can buy vouchers (in advance from NCMA) for discounts in supermarkets including Asda, Sainsbury’s and Marks & Spencer.
To register for the above benefits visit www.ncmasaver.co.uk . Enter your NCMA membership under "User ID", and your postcode in the ‘Password’ box. Once you have provided these details you can change your username and password to something you can easily remember.

You can get discounts at the following places
• Chessington World of Adventures
• SeaLife Centres
• Thorpe Park
• Alton Towers Resort
• LEGOLAND Windsor

You can show you’re a member by using the Member of NCMA logo. You can download this logo to use on your paperwork, advertising materials and websites.

As a member you can access the following factsheets
Finance Transport Employment
Health and Safety Insurance Personal development Safeguarding Membership Children's welfare
Other organisations Legal services

There is a small section on activity ideas (including one from forum member Christine e) which is being added to on a ongoing basis.

Finally you should also receive your copy of Who Minds in the post and your copy of Membership news via email.

Don’t forget that you can email NCMA on info@************* if you require any information or if you are not getting your Membership news

And if you want to comment on anything email feedback@*************

Penny :)

Pipsqueak
20-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Thank you for collating that Penny.

Can I just say as well - its always worth asking at your local places such as baby/child shops and soft plays and days out places (farms, museums etc) - I managed to negotiate a 5% discount for minders at a new soft play locally, lots of places round about offer Childminder discount - but you have to ask.

singingcactus
20-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Please don't think I'm being argumentative, but I just wanted to point out that many of those benefits you can get simply by buying insurance from MM. You don't have to buy an MM membership in addition to gain the benefits.

Here is a link to the 'gizzits (https://www.*****************/childcareclub/index.asp)' from MM. This is free with insurance.

Penny1959
20-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Please don't think I'm being argumentative, but I just wanted to point out that many of those benefits you can get simply by buying insurance from MM. You don't have to buy an MM membership in addition to gain the benefits.

Here is a link to the 'gizzits (https://www.*****************/childcareclub/index.asp)' from MM. This is free with insurance.

I don't think you are being arguementive at all - and in fact many pointed out the benefits of MM insurance. And this forum is to provide information for all forum members no matter who they have insurance with or are members of.

And in fact there are also many discounts available through being a member of this forum.

My post is just in response to the questions raised by those taking the time to fiull in my research questionnaire - I feel that I should respond to questions asked.

craftygirl
29-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Is it possible to buy items from the NCMA shop without having NCMA membership?

miffy
29-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Thanks Penny - that's very useful

Miffy xx

Penny1959
29-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Is it possible to buy items from the NCMA shop without having NCMA membership?

Yes but they cost a lot more - also can not benefit from the membership offers.

Penny1959
29-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Thanks Penny - that's very useful

Miffy xx

Have to admit Miffy that even I did not about all the benefits and certainly was not making good use of the membership benefits.

Finally got round to signing up for NCMA SAVER (free to members) and will now be saving on a lot off my Christmas shopping and my all year round food shopping - as a rough estimate I think I will save at least £350 in a year - just on things I would buy anyway!

So my membership fee is more than covered and in fact my insurance as well.

Wish I had bothered to do it when re registered in 2010 as that is a lot of money to have not saved!

Oh well better late than never