PDA

View Full Version : What next? Newbie needs help!

Crumpy
19-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Hi- I'm relatively new to the forum- I've been lurking whilst thinking about becoming a childminder and throughout my course and I am all official and registered now! I have several questions- apologies if they have already been done to death!!

Firstly I've no idea how to change my profile to registered instead of pre-reg- it is saying I don't have permission to edit it- is this because I haven't posted enough?

Secondly, I was told that I can't advertise until I have my public liability insurance. Surely this can't be right- don't I just need it for when I actually start minding? It would be wasteful to pay for months not used otherwise?

Lastly (for now!) which are the best sites to advertise on- I know netmums and the childcare one along with my local Family Information service- any others?

Thanks in advance!!:)

xgemx
20-11-2011, 06:44 AM
Hi advertised before i had insurance and my mentor from the council knew so no that isnt right as long as everyone knows you havent got it but will be gwetting it,
I advertised on gumtree, mumsnet, facebook. twitter, netmums, word of mouth is great too

sarah707
20-11-2011, 09:25 AM
You can't change your status yet because you are still in moderation - you need to do 4 qualifying posts then you should be able to see it in 'user CP'.

You can advertise once you have permission from Ofsted to be a childminder and your certificate.

You do not need insurance until you are ready to work and it can normally be organised in a couple of days.

Don't forget to advertise on here in the adverts section :D

Crumpy
20-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Thanks ladies- I had a mass advertising spree last night - Facebook page created, ad on Gumtree, Netmums and Childcare.co.uk! Also, my local Tesco has a community board so I'll put up a business card. Will have a look on here now too.:)