PDA

View Full Version : newbie needs help

silvermist
18-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Hi, Im in the process of registering and am getting all my paperwork sorted. can anyone help with a planning template that i could use? I know its cheeky but Im really stuck. :(

tinyp164
29-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi there,

Firstly are you asking about example planning routines or daily/weekly planning of activities?

If you are asking about routines I would say;
Daily= Morning then run through example activities i.e. breakfast, school run etc, Afternoon Nap times, free play, school run, Afterschool free play, dinner, pick ups.
Weekly= put into a table with headings along the top -> Day, Morning, Early Afternoon, After school. Then down the sides (under day) the days of the week, and fill in example activities accordingly i.e. monday morning -play park. Tuesday morning Garden/ indoor activities.

However, if you mean a planning sheet for children so you are able to plan their individual activities and observe I would suggest something along the lines of: A table with Down the sides the 6 areas of the EYFS, Along the top: What do I want the children to learn? (Learning intentions based on the EYFS). How will I enable this learning to take place? (Activities/ Routines), How will I know who has learned what? (Assessment).
I would do this for each child but on a weekly basis as plans don't always go the way we want them to!

I'm sorry if this is a little long! I tried to get my point across as best I could! :) However, I personally don't think you can read the EYFS too much! It has loads of great ideas and activities planned for each area of development and as long as you stick to it you can't really go wrong. Also all your planning will aid your observations so thats always something to bear in mind (Putting the little assessment box after helps link them).

Hope it all goes well for you!!! I passed the pre-reg 2 weeks ago now and getting all my advertising in place and Mrs O said I had nothing to worry about. Really as long as you know what your on about they are totally fine!
Good Luck!!