PDA

View Full Version : Claiming % of parts of the house

Jelly Baby
16-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Was talkng to another CM about this today and wondered what everyone else does.
Putting through % for rooms that the children use which i have:
Playroom
Office
Bedroom
Not sure how much we can put through?
Thanks

Chatterbox Childcare
17-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Was talkng to another CM about this today and wondered what everyone else does.
Putting through % for rooms that the children use which i have:
Playroom
Office
Bedroom
Not sure how much we can put through?
Thanks

I have written a spreadsheet that Mr A has kindly looked over and amended but we had differing information on the amount of hours percentage that could be claimed. I have spoken to my HMRC help advisor who is taking the matter back up the chain to the person who wrote the guidance and as soon as I get a definative answer I will post the spreadsheet for everyone to use.

onceinabluemoon
17-11-2011, 03:50 PM
claim for what? Do you mean part of the rent or mortgage or part of the actual house?

Chatterbox Childcare
17-11-2011, 05:13 PM
claim for what? Do you mean part of the rent or mortgage or part of the actual house?

I would not be using the NCMA negotiated percentages but the "actual" percentage that the house was being used (divided by each room) and then allocating these percentages against all household, rates/council tax/mortgage interest/contents insurance/electricity/gas etc...

The problem at the moment is how the percentage is worked.

As soon as I have more I will post

Jelly Baby
21-11-2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks Debbie.

onceinabluemoon i mean the rooms stated as they are soley for the minded children and nothing else. The rent is 10%..i hope so just put 10% of our rent through each month.

Jelly Baby
04-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi were there any developments on this?
Thanks

Chatterbox Childcare
04-12-2011, 08:37 PM
No developments yet - remember this is a government body that we are asking information from!!! Expect at least another month :D