PDA

View Full Version : Booster seats

It's a small world
14-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Ds has been saying he doesn't want to use booster seat as feels babyish in front of his friend . Recently turned 8 about 130 cm height . Does anyone know best website or know what restrictions are on this matter ?? Thank you xx

Narnia34
14-11-2011, 04:52 PM
The Halfords website says that your child has to be over 12 or over 135cm tall to be able to only use the seat belts. So, another 5 cms to grow :(

flora
14-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Sorry but still too small to be off them. :(

My son was small for his age and all his friend had given them up years before. Some prematurely in my humble opinion.

If friends queiried why H was on one. I used to say the seat belt mounting in this car are different and thats why he has to use one and SO DO YOU :laughing:

It does help that we have a discovery and the mounting are genuinely higher but you could still say the same :thumbsup:

loocyloo
14-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Sorry but still too small to be off them. :(

My son was small for his age and all his friend had given them up years before. Some prematurely in my humble opinion.

If friends queiried why H was on one. I used to say the seat belt mounting in this car are different and thats why he has to use one and SO DO YOU :laughing:

It does help that we have a discovery and the mounting are genuinely higher but you could still say the same :thumbsup:

thats what i say!!! my DS is small, and so are lots of his friends ( 9/10yr ) they all tell me that they don't use seats in their parents car, and i say they have to in mine!

breezy
14-11-2011, 05:31 PM
11 year old mindee is tiny and still uses one, she tells everyone she'd rather use one than be hurt or die in a crash, they all shut up then !

Pipsqueak
14-11-2011, 06:15 PM
11 year old mindee is tiny and still uses one, she tells everyone she'd rather use one than be hurt or die in a crash, they all shut up then !

sensible child:clapping: :clapping:

Twinkles
14-11-2011, 06:19 PM

Good for her !

We have stickers on our car and van at 135cm from the ground ( iyswim ) on them is printed ' If you are shorter than this sticker you need to use a booster seat'.
Cos it's there in black and white they seem to accept it without arguments.

It's a small world
14-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Thanks everyone. Will tell him and friends that and Breezy what a fab mindee. My mindee says they dont need one and dont use one in their car but I say my car my rules Im afraid and car seat required.. Will tell ds to do some stretches lol .
Thanks again xx

amanda1309
14-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Good for her !

We have stickers on our car and van at 135cm from the ground ( iyswim ) on them is printed ' If you are shorter than this sticker you need to use a booster seat'.
Cos it's there in black and white they seem to accept it without arguments.

I love this idea as I argue with a few mindees nearly every day about this.

blue bear
14-11-2011, 11:36 PM
I know the law is 135cm but my log book recommends 140cm and I stick to that, children just accept thatin my car they have a booster and that's that.