PDA

View Full Version : RA Please help

EmmaReed84
14-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Hello

My name is Emma I began child minding in August and had all my RA's done however a friend of mine had a visit from Ofsted who told her she did not have enough RA's and that she needed to do one EVERY time she leaves the house.

I have a whole folder of RA's with sub sections the first is all about maintanance, cleaning logs, and on going RA's (such as when things break and I replace them etc.) The second section is about specific RA's (detailing how I do a school run, trip to the park, visit to another childminder) the third section are general RA's of all the rooms in my house.

My friend had a look and said I still didnt have enough. What else do I need to do? I am stressing out about these RA's

Louise317
14-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Hi Emma,
I had my ofsted inspection last week and she made no comment on not having enough RA's are doing everytime I leave the house.

I have:-

Whole house
Walking/school run
Shops
library
play group
soft play
park
Activities
Visiting other Childminders

So you list similar to mine... I don't do it every time I leave the house, I assess each trip whilst out and make any notes in my diary and update RAs accordingly... such as road works on school run/walking so take extra care and more vigilant to walking mindees.

By the sounds of it, it dies depend on who does the inspection...

xx