PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE AND MORE ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE

Demonjill
14-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Hi folks:D me again:blush:

My visit went well and parent is happy with me, my home and everything really.:thumbsup:
This is the 2 yo boy
mum - split shifts 6.30-10.30 and 3.30-7.30 - always these times but different days each week
dad - away at sea home every 3 months for 1 full month and obv would like to spend as much time as poss with son

I have explained a half fees retainer for month not used ( can top up to normal fees if used - with suitable notice!) mum ok with this

She has said however that she will not need me until February as she starts job in few weeks then hubby is home xmas/January so i wondered what would be my next move???

I cannot take a retainer as I am still working in my retail job. I have twin mindees on my day off from this job - she also wants another day when i hand in my notice! I am reluctant to hand in notice unless i have same amount or more money coming in - as it is xmas time - any other time i would hand in now and do retainer

I could take a deposit ( which she said would need to be in 2 installments which is fine with me)

I spose i just think February is such a long time away( not really but where money is concerned it is :rolleyes: ) what if someone else comes along

Any advice - what would you ALL do? Please dont R&R lol

Penny1959
14-11-2011, 05:07 AM
Mention to twin mindees parents that considering leaving retail job after Christmas and if you do - does she still want extra day for twins

If she does

Choose a date after Christmas that in theory you would be happy to leave retail job

Tell new mum that on x date you will be have space (as leaving retail job) and from that date a retainer will be required to keep the space open (usual conditions about using space etc)

If she is happy with that charge a deposit now and then a retainer from X date.

If she is not happy with that explain that you will not be able to make a comittment due to finamcial resons linked to leaving your retail job and so will be best if she contacts you nearer the time to see if you still have a place.

Penny :)

VeggieSausage
16-11-2011, 12:59 PM
I take £100 per month as a deposit, so if you were going to start in Feb I would ask for £300 deposit for Nov, Dec and Jan. You know they are serious then and it is non refundable if they pull out. I then take this off the first months fees...

Pipsqueak
16-11-2011, 01:07 PM
If you are taking a deposit - make it a decent one and make sure that you have it written down that it is a non-refundable deposit. Make it very clear in writing.

Its up to you if you want it to count to towards future fees - again make sure its clear.

As with any contract - ensure the retainers etc are clearly explained in writing

Goatgirl
16-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Hi :),
Rather than risk losing the contract, I would take deposit of 4 weeks/one month's fees and agree a specific february start date. I would make clear that the deposit is non refundable if they do not start on the agreed date and /or they do not wish to continue after the 4 weeks settling in period.
If they do start on time and continue after settling in (so the 4 weeks notice would kick in) deposit would count as /toward first month's fees.

If you could not go ahead for any reason you would return the deposit.

hope this helps :)
Wendy :)