PDA

View Full Version : SEF - how detailed should it be?

Beetlejuice
13-11-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm in the middle of mine and it's doing my head in! I started it a while back, then forgot about it and now I need to get it done. :eek: I'm doing it in Word before cutting and pasting in and it's already 11 pages long!:eek: I'm just wondering if I'm saying too much? Won't I just be repeating myself when I'm inspected? I'm also finding that I'm repeating myself as some of the questions seem to be similar.

I'm using Sarah's ebook which is ace but I'm still struggling to get through it!

sarah707
13-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Say as much as you need to say to get the job done!

A friend of mine has o/s and her SEF is a page per question... mine is pages and pages and pages but then it is for 2 of us... that's my excuse :rolleyes:

Most I read are about a page / page and a half a question. Then when things are updated or changed you just add to the bottom with more information.

Hth :D

Beetlejuice
13-11-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks Sarah. I'm glad I made a start on it a while back though wish I'd done more! At least once it's fully done I only have to go in and update it now and again (until they change it all again which is bound to happen :rolleyes: ) I'm trying to do what you said in your ebook about grading myself as o/s to make the inspector prove otherwise but I'm too chicken lol! :blush:

miffy
13-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Don't repeat yourself just refer back to the page where you've already answered the question or given the details.

Don't worry about how long it is - this is your chance to tell the inspector everything that you want them to know about what you've done and how you work. Back things up with examples, quotes from parents etc.

And, if you think you are outstanding then say so :thumbsup:

Good luck

Miffy xx

Beetlejuice
13-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Thanks Miffy. I can accompany paperwork with up to date parent questionnaires and the parents have asked if they can write accompanying letters too! :D

I have put outstanding under committment to improve etc as I've done mountains of training and qualifications over the last 3-4 years and I think my ambition and drive to improve is pretty fabulous lol!:blush: :laughing:

miffy
13-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Some of my parents wrote to the inspector too - she read them all - so I think it's worthwhile doing.

It sounds as though you're getting everything sorted in good time!

Miffy xx

Beetlejuice
13-11-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm getting stuff sorted but at the expense of other stuff like my OU coursework! :blush: But my theory is that my next assignment isn't due in til January and my inspection will be sooner so that's the priority.

miffy
13-11-2011, 10:06 PM
Once the sef's done though it will be easier to keep on top of it and Sarah's book is a godsend! :D

Miffy xx