PDA

View Full Version : Prospect on behalf of Ofsted

Carol Raeburn
13-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Hi All, I had had a call from a company called Prospect (this a legit company ) on behalf of Ofsted on Thursday wanting to come out and view my house within an hour:panic: , bearing in mind I was out with visitors from Kent and my family, She said that i needed to get home as she was in the area. This caught me completely off guard as I am currently getting a bit of work carried out on my house at the moment whilst Ofsted are doing what they need to do at their end. My house is a little like a construction site at the moment and they are now having to come out again. I did explain all this to the lady on the phone before she came out to me but she was adamant and said well why did I apply for a change of address if my property was not ready, I explained that I applied for this 2 months ago when I was ready the works only started last week (the week she came out) and could not really wait any longer.... because of this she said that I may need to action some points or re apply for the change of address ( this can take at least another couple of weeks). I knew that this would happen thou it is typical, I get work men out and then Prospect get a cancellation and come out to me. The lady wasn’t the friendliest and was not really understandable of the situation I was in. She has had to refuse my application I knew that she would have too that was why I tried getting her out next week. I cannot wait until she phones me back once the work is complete and then comes out to see a child proof house with no faults and everything in place and good to go :laughing: . Hopefully with a proper appointment so I can make sure I am in instead of leaving everyone and coming back home. Has anyone else had an experience like this with Prospect? :( Rant over!!! Thanks

PixiePetal
13-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Regardless of the rest, I would not be told to get home to see someone which was not pre arranged :angry: madness

cupcake22
13-11-2011, 05:28 PM
I wouldnt come home at the drop of a hat either. Perhaps if you have an answer phone you could let all calls go to that. It would give you a bit of breathing space to sort yourself out & then when you are ready ring them up & make an appt.

Cupcake22

Carol Raeburn
13-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Hi, thank you for your comments :)

I think that I will definatly be letting it go onto answer phone from now on. I was really flustered when she arrived so it didnt start off to well....I suppose another way of looking at it is that yes she has caught me off gaurd and everything that could be in place was in place apart from the works being carried out.

Oh well hopefully next time they come out I will be in a better position :laughing:

Pipsqueak
13-11-2011, 05:51 PM
She told you that you HAD to get home......
:eek: :eek:
cheeky moo

and I would have told her where to go and ring back at a more convienent time

breezy
13-11-2011, 06:01 PM
cheeky cow, I would heve said "no" :p

rickysmiths
14-11-2011, 06:29 PM
You need to Complain in writing to the Complaints Dept at Prospects at once and demand an apology from the rude inspector.

Ofsted would be shocked at this behaviour. They are way out of order demanding that you come home with in an hour and certainly not to demand you leave visitors and come home. I'm afraid I would have told the woman to go jump!!!

They have no right to do this and have instructions from Ofsted that they HAVE to make all appointments around our routine.

I would demand a revisit as soon as you are ready and say you will be claiming for loss of income if they don't come out.

Frankly I am surprised they are visiting you for a change of address this is not normal practice. They normally as to be sent full RAs of the new house and a floor plan. I would question why they need to visit at all and now especially as an inspector has been to the property, all be it not ready, but you were not working, and say you are more than happy to submit RAs, Floor Plans and photographs when the work is complete.

We have all got to complain more when these things happen to use because it is the only way to get change. I am in the process of following through a Complaint about Prospects about the way they conducted my Inspection in Sept. It is a long process but worthwhile because Ofsted can't do anything if there is nothing in writing.

Trouble
14-11-2011, 08:02 PM
I would of said lots of xxxxxxx to her and said no !:angry:

miffy
14-11-2011, 08:11 PM
This inspector was well out of order - Rickysmiths is right, you should complain.

Miffy xx