PDA

View Full Version : no under 5's at inspection

Natternic
12-11-2011, 06:46 PM
im sure this has been asked,ive searched but nothing coming up
What happens when you are inspected and dont have any under 5's?
Obviously safeguarding will still come up but my mind has gone blank as to what else.
thanks in advance

sarah707
12-11-2011, 07:34 PM
I think this factsheet from Ofsted will explain :D

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/factsheet-childcare-guidance-for-inspecting-childminders-and-childcare-settings-no-children-roll-or

miffy
12-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Do you mean you're not caring for under 5's atm or just that you won't have any present on the day?

Miffy xx

jellybean cc
13-11-2011, 12:23 AM
Hi when i had my inspection i was not working full time as i had just started. I was asked on the phone what days i would have children as they said i would be marked down if they did not see me working with the children As observing a childminder with the children is a major part of the inspection.

Natternic
13-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Well I want under 5's, don't have any on my books yet, just have after schoolies.
The ofsted form sarah suggested just relates to not having any children full stop, how you can be marked down for not having any on your books is awful, not right in my eyes

miffy
13-11-2011, 09:49 PM
how you can be marked down for not having any on your books is awful, not right in my eyes

I know what you mean but it's more to do with not being able to show what you do because the inspector can't observe you with children.

Sometimes when Prospect or Tribal call they will ask if you are looking after children and if you're not then they may delay the inspection for a while but this isn't always the case.

Miffy xx