PDA

View Full Version : first aid courses

SYLVIA
10-11-2011, 07:15 PM
do the paediatric 1st aid courses need to be booked through early years or can we go elsewhere. I need to do mine before their one is available so I need to arrange something else.

sarah707
10-11-2011, 07:32 PM
I did my last one via the local college. You can go through any provider as long as it is a 12 hour paed course :D

SYLVIA
10-11-2011, 07:42 PM
thanks sarah. Plus they want to charge £80 and I've found one for £50 too.

dhacking45
11-11-2011, 01:07 PM
I attended a First Aid Course as an employee for a big supermarket chain. I really enjoyed the 3 day course which was all practical work. At first I expected to be stuck behind a desk all day, but it was not at all as I imagined. You get a book at the start of the course that you can keep and continually refresh yourself if need be. We covered chocking, heart attacks, car / train crashes, eyes and teeth falling out, head injuries, broken bones - nearly every eventuality! The good thing was on day...

Tink
11-11-2011, 02:19 PM
I've just done mine at the local swimming baths:laughing: It was fantastic, I always enjoy doing First Aid. I'd look around for the cheapest, but as long as it is a paediatric 12 hour first aid course, it doesn't matter where you do it.

The Juggler
14-11-2011, 02:31 PM
i would recommend red cross. they run courses at local colleges for between 30 and 50 pounds, run their own at HQ and also if you can get a group together will run it privately for about 40 per head. :thumbsup: