PDA

View Full Version : What to charge parents per hour for child-care?

Tracey Tyler
10-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Hi does any one know what price is best per hour when children are part-time should it be more than a full time child? Also what about when a parent wants early child-care start in the morning at 5.30 am should this me more money and hoe much 3.50 , 4.00 or 5.00 per hour. And till 8.30 at night what do any one think as I am unsure? Thank you for your Help? Tracey x

Pauline
10-11-2011, 04:48 PM
I've moved your post into the Fees and Charges section as you will get more replies there :)

rickysmiths
10-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Hello Tracey, welcome to the forum.

Golly it is hard to say because rates vary so much depending on where you are. I had a parent come and see me only this week who said one cm was asking for £6ph in this area. Well This is more than most of us charge around here. But there aree some cms on £8ph and some on £3ph

The best advise would be to get in touch with your local Family Information Service and either look online or get a list of local cms and see if any put their prices on and see if you can get an idea that way.

I do charge a higher hourly rate for anyone using 3 days or less a week as I rate this as part time.

I think I would charge a slightly higher rate again for before 7am or after 7pm because those are the hours I would be happy to cover.

Tatjana
10-11-2011, 06:09 PM
I charge time and a half of my hourly rate for hours outside my normal working day.

Tracey Tyler
10-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Hi thank u to those who gave me advice on child-care fees very help ful Tracey

jane5
10-11-2011, 11:24 PM
I charge time and a half before 8am and after 6pm.

I also charge time and a half for Saturday and double for Sunday.

samb
11-11-2011, 11:00 PM
I also charge time and a half outside usual hours 8am-6pm. i would consider if you would be happy working this early and late? Agree with others that you need to find out your local hourly rate so you can remain competitive and yet not under paid as well. Do you feel your current charges are not inline? Do you know other childminders you could ask in your area? It says you have been registered since 2001 or should it read 2011?

samb
11-11-2011, 11:01 PM
Oh and I don't have a different rate for part timers - I only have part timers though and I am happier with this.