PDA

View Full Version : Reviewing Policies/Procedures

funemnx
09-11-2011, 02:40 PM
I think I remember reading on here that when reviewing policies/procedures yearly, we can cross out the review by date in pen and write in the new date on our existing copies rather than print off new ones, assuming there are no changes.

Is Mrs O ok with this?

Do parents need a new copy if there are no changes?

cherry
09-11-2011, 03:16 PM
I review every year or if there are any changes then date and SIGN each one.

If there is a change that I feel parents should know about I give them a copy of the policy.

funemnx
09-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Thanks Cherry, I have been doing that but was just wondering, rather than printing off fresh ones wether I can cross out the old dates on the policies I already have printed off in my folder and re-date and sign them?

boxtree7
09-11-2011, 04:34 PM
My support worker told me yesterday to have a review date on all my policies good practice

cherry
09-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Yes, that's what I do, I'm doing it on the back as I've started to run out of space on the front of the policies :)

I don't cross out just enter another date and signature underneath saying no change to policy

funemnx
09-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Brilliant thanks! It seems like a waste of paper and ink to reprint just to change the date :thumbsup:

becki
09-11-2011, 08:10 PM
hi,

could you have a sheet at the front that you sign and date to say you have reviewed them and a not to tick or cross for changes.

E-mail a copy of new p & p to parents to save ink and have a sheet for parents to sign that they have received and read amended policies ( if you have a hard copy just print pages that have changes)

thats what I am hoping to do anyway, but this is all new to me!:panic:

primula
10-11-2011, 11:59 AM
I do the same as you becki! anything to cut down on more work and more printing ink!