PDA

View Full Version : daily checklists???

vicky5432
08-11-2011, 10:07 PM
hi i currently use a daily checklist alongside my risk assessments. I dont really like the 1 i use though. Dos any1 else use checklists and if they dont mind sharing am i able to have a look please???

mrs robbie williams
09-11-2011, 06:57 AM
i do have one but dont use it anymore as read on here a tick list isnt allowed which was basically what i was doing, i still check everything in my head and note in my diary anything that needs changing iyswim xx

boxtree7
09-11-2011, 06:58 AM
If you can't used a daliy dated tick list what do you do insted

Tink
09-11-2011, 07:14 AM
I have a daily tick list and note any problems etc.
I was under the impression Ofsted don't like development tick lists!
The ones I use for daily risk assessments show I have checked my house, garden and equipment for safe use etc, hoe else can we show Ofsted we do it. Anyone can say, they do it in their head, unless it's down on paper there is no evidence of it being done.

miffy
09-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Anyone can say, they do it in their head, unless it's down on paper there is no evidence of it being done.

I agree with this when it's a nursery or playgroup and different people do the checks but when it's a childminder working alone then it means very little - anyone could sit down, draw up a chart for the last week, month, year or whatever and put a tick in the boxes to say they'd checked, whether they had done or not.

Miffy xx

vicky5432
09-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks everyone.