PDA

View Full Version : Board Games for 6 mindees

helengreen13
08-11-2011, 07:36 AM
After School I often have 6 girls who are all age 6 and 7 who like to play board games. I have a whole selection but, unfortunately, most are only 4 player. Does anyone have any good board games that take no more than ½ hour to finish that everyone can get involved.

I have tried getting the mindees to double up but only seems to cause arguements (all quite headstrong) and need some free time to get dinner prepared.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, especially games that dont have small pieces as have little ones around.

Favourities so far are
Pop goes Piggy
Crazy Chefs
Snakes and Ladders
Charlie and Lola balancing game
Frustration

Thanks
Helen :)

rickysmiths
08-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Could 3 play one game and 3 another and swap?

I have junior scrabble and junior cluedo.

What about ludo or Sorry.

Card games like Uno are good and can be played by more than 4

Dominoes

flowerpots
08-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Weve got monopoly and ludo, thinking of getting pictureka next. x

Nature'sKids!
13-11-2011, 01:32 PM
With snakes and ladders I've always just added a couple of extra counters if there's more players, works well with lido and other games too.

Try MYRIADONLINE and have a look at their cooperative games page, they've gt lots of fantastic games for more players.
Also look on amazon for haba games

hollyberry
13-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Look online for a game called Pegged Out (dead easy to learn which some aren't), and also Bananagrams - like scrabble but no board required and a lot less rules. xx

jorgea
24-11-2011, 12:42 AM
What about bingo using bigger objects

loocyloo
24-11-2011, 12:03 PM
we've got hullabaloo ( it s cranium game ) not exactly a board game, but good for lots of children to share as you put the pieces around the room! i think there are only 4 of each item, but even if i only have 2 or 3 playing, they still all chose the same one :laughing:

dominos? my mil has a super domino game called mexican train that my 6yr old DD loves, and i think 6 or 8 children can play.

rosebud
24-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Tumbling monkeys - more than 4 can play

helengreen13
24-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks - day off tomorrow so going to Toys R Us to see if I can find some of these games.

Helen
x

JulieA
25-11-2011, 06:50 AM
We have Pictureka which is a firm favourite. Sometimes we have teams and sometimes individuals. I don't often use the official rules - just finding the pictures - but then mine are younger.

We also have Hullaballoo - which is great fun.

I also made up my own sound/picture bingo cards