PDA

View Full Version : Telling parents your holiday dates!

muffins
07-11-2011, 07:42 AM
Do you get parents to sign to say they've recieved/been told your holiday dates or do you just let them know?

I used to get parents to sign in there daily diarys but now I have older ones who don't have these I'm wondering if its nessesary?

Thanks in advance for your replies:thumbsup:

jelly15
07-11-2011, 07:48 AM
I hand them a slip of paper 6 weeks before and another three weeks before ,if they forget it is their problem not mine.

Pipsqueak
07-11-2011, 08:21 AM
I have a duplicate (invoice) book that I write in and get the parents to sign.

I also remind them in the newsletter, by text and verbally in the lead up to it - they still forget!

rickysmiths
07-11-2011, 08:28 AM
I hand them the dates in a letter in Jan for the year. Any new parents in the year have a letter when they sign a contract.

Chimps Childminding
07-11-2011, 08:32 AM
We give them a letter, reminders in newsletters etc. but they still forget :angry:

Its the same with Christmas closure, we put a newsletter out in September saying which days we were open/closed over Christmas and STILL had 2 parents asking were we working on such and such a day :rolleyes: why don't they read things :angry: :angry:

maisiemog
11-11-2011, 08:08 AM
I give all parents a form with my dates on in January. I then put it on the invoice the month before, verbally remind them from about 6 weeks before and then text/email them a week before. Parents still forget!

I go away in just over a week and I already have a feeling one mum is going to text me whilst I am away expecting me to get her boys from school. Not taking my phone with me whilst I'm away so dont think she will be too happy when I get back! Oh well....

VeggieSausage
11-11-2011, 09:12 AM
I give mine the dates at the beginning of the year of my holiday weeks ( i take 4) however this year was my first full year of minding and I haven't made any provision for in between christmas and new year - so far only one family has booked off, the other is going on holiday at the beginning of december for 2 weeks and have told methey have no more leave for over christmas!!! arrrrgggg......

next year will be closing for christmas x