PDA

View Full Version : New additions

BuggsieMoo
06-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Well this week has seen 2 new additions to the setting - Minkie the 8 week old Guinea Pig as a replacement for Morris who dies - thus to stop Minor being lonely. He is multicoloured and spiky.

And today we have got ........Major the black and white kitten who comes at 10:30 tomorrow morning. He has already met our staffy cross and has let him know who is boss in no uncertain terms.

All my kids are so excited me the new addition tomorrow (so am I as I have been asking the hubby for 5 years for a kitten - thank you Mr Military sending him to Afgahnistan, this has prompted him to let me get a kitten ;-) )

All pets are fully insured and inoculated (or will be at the appropriate age). I have RA's in place for the pets we currently have (2 x dogs, 2 x guinea pigs and 2 x rabbits). Can someone steer me in the right direction as to what things I need to include in an RA for a kitten? Its food and toilet area are on our middle landing which is non accessable to mindees - my children walk pasted it for bed. I carry mindees up to bed and down again so no risk there. Also hand washing and kitchen/dining room table cleaning as I know the kitten will be exploring - what else can I include?

Thanks all

Lisa xxxx

loocyloo
06-11-2011, 08:31 PM
...ooooooo.... how exciting!

i want guinea pigs! i got offered 3 baby rabbits the other day :D sadly i had to say no as our cat would have them for breakfast unless combination locked into hutch! :rolleyes:

have lots of fun xxx

BuggsieMoo
07-11-2011, 07:13 AM
...ooooooo.... how exciting!

i want guinea pigs! i got offered 3 baby rabbits the other day :D sadly i had to say no as our cat would have them for breakfast unless combination locked into hutch! :rolleyes:

have lots of fun xxx

Guinea Pigs are lovely - mine speak to me when I go out and let me stroke their noses through the hutch. The both love being picked up as well and snuggle into your arm for a cuddle and sleep on you.

As for my rabbits - one is a giant one so is far too big for the kids to hold. Even I struggle with the weight of her - but again she is so friendly and comes to her name. Our male rabbit although friendly only likes me holding him - but happily will let the kids stroke his tummy by laying on his back - so funny to see.

Feel like im running a zoo now not a childminding setting :blush: