PDA

View Full Version : Daily Journal/report

charlieamber
06-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Hi I am just printing out my version of a daily record, ( where is states, what child has eaten, what and how many dirty/wet nappies, What they did today and what we are planning on doing tomorrow etc.

Now for my question, do you all give these to the parents, or do you keep it in Childs folder?

Thanks

sarah707
06-11-2011, 08:08 PM
The daily diary is for parents to share what the child has done during the day wtih you :D

charlieamber
06-11-2011, 08:21 PM
The daily diary is for parents to share what the child has done during the day wtih you :D

Thank you Sarah for your reply, Makes sense LOL

Now is it worth me keeping acopy or am I just trying to fill my own house with all this paper I keep printing LOL:laughing:

loocyloo
06-11-2011, 08:25 PM
i have an A5 folder for each child and i put the childs daily diary in it. i ask parents to take it home each day, to read, sign and bring it back each day the child comes. ( however, not one of my parents sign it !!!:rolleyes: )

i also have a couple of sheets in the back of the file called 'parents comments' and several of my mums will write me messages such as 'X had a good week, loves the trike he got for his birthday', ' had bad cold beginning of week, seems much better, off food a bit ' ' my new work number is XXX ' and another just writes 'we love you' :D every now and again i photocopy these pages to have evidence of working with parents! ( which is why i don't mind them not signing! )

charlieamber
06-11-2011, 08:36 PM
and another just writes 'we love you' :D every now and again i photocopy these pages to have evidence of working with parents! ( which is why i don't mind them not signing! )

Awww how lovely to have messages like that, Like the idea of folders going home and then being returned with a comment, plus like you say its evidence of working with parents:thumbsup:

Oh dear, think I need to sit in front of printer again LOL, where do you get the A5 folders from.

Jackie

moggy
06-11-2011, 09:24 PM
I keep it simple with just an A5 lined spiral bound book per child. I write in what we did all day/nappies/food/naps. Child takes it home every day. Parent writes in how child slept/breakfast/any news/what they did at weekend etc and brings it to me each day.
When book full it goes to the child as a momento- I do not need to keep copies at all. Also use it for messages to perents like 'need more nappies' or 'remember to bring..' etc etc. No printing out at all :)

mufftie
06-11-2011, 09:43 PM
I keep it simple with just an A5 lined spiral bound book per child. I write in what we did all day/nappies/food/naps. Child takes it home every day. Parent writes in how child slept/breakfast/any news/what they did at weekend etc and brings it to me each day.
When book full it goes to the child as a momento- I do not need to keep copies at all. Also use it for messages to perents like 'need more nappies' or 'remember to bring..' etc etc. No printing out at all :)

Sounds exactly like my system

Lilylulu
06-11-2011, 10:08 PM
us too - an A5 size spiral notebook - with a new child we ask the parents to start it off noting the childs routine for a day or two s we can get an idea of their mealtimes, naps etc. we also ask them to not important family birthdays etc so we can make cards.
The child puts their reward stickers in the book so they get double praise when parents see the positive comments and stickers.
We even get the older children 3-4 years saying "please write about this in my book" :)
we have tried to get them to sign off our entries but its a bit hit n miss, soem parents are very good and we get regular updates :)

Pinkrose
06-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Ii have the Bromley parent contact book, it was about £3.50
It is a5 size and records what child has eaten, nappy changes, naps, space to record what they have done that day, and a space for parent comments

tashaleee
06-11-2011, 11:06 PM
I do the A5 version as well - I quite like the idea of getting the parents to sign off each time - would be good as working in partnership for Ofsted I guess. Over the years some parents have been great at filling them in - others... well at least this way would ensure they read them and Im not wasting my time each day :thumbsup:

Think I will implement this in my next newsletter :laughing: