PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Aldershot

BuggsieMoo
03-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Hi All
Hubby has called from Afgan to advise that the Army is sending us to Aldershot in June 2012 for 2 or so years.
Is anyone here from Aldershot or near to Aldershot - if so, please can you let me know what the area is like and any places you recommend visiting.
Thanks all
Lisa x

loocyloo
04-11-2011, 12:03 AM
i've just moved from hook, which is about 20 mins drive away from aldershot!

some parts of aldershot are nice, some are not, but as not actually lived there, i couldn't tell you which is which! i did do some courses at assorted hotels though. DD used to do her dance shows at the theatre there. they do a fun panto each year.

i didn't go there often, but there is a dry ski slope which also does 'donuting' for childrens parties! ( go down the slope in a big rubber ring! )

there is an excellent childrens gym club, which also has daily open drop in sessions for LO. mine loved the trampoline set in the floor!

at mytchett, there is a canal centre that does boat trips/walks andinfo about the canal.

possibly not for you if army, but mine loved the museum on the base!

there are a couple of nice soft play areas too.

farnborough is close by ( in fact, i'm pretty sure the two merge into each other! and i may be confusing the two )

legoland in windsor isn't that far away !!! birdworld in farnham, alice holt forestry commission ( super woodland walks , playground & go ape ) the look out ( another HUGE wood ) and coral reef, a big themed swim pool with flumes etc in bracknell.

i think there are ( were ) a couple of childrens centres there as well.

at sandhurst, which is also very close, there is a HUGE M&S! and not far away either is RHS wisley, kew gardens, thorpe park, chessington world of adventures.

enjoy!

missymood
07-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Hi also birdworld is not far from you and you should be able to pick up a pass to get in for a reduced rate at the army toddler group. lots of nice toddler groups at north camp which is just up the road.
Library at farnborough - 10.30 story time free!
Musical Tots on a wednesday at queens road north camp 9.45 just turn up
Toddler group at Baptist Church queens road 50p
Napier gardens to feed the ducks

Aldershot library story time - dont know day or time though
Military musum - aldershot

Nix
09-04-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm in Camberley which isn't far away...

Not sure about Aldershot itself but it's not far from Windsor which is lovely and Guildford is nice for shopping.:D