PDA

View Full Version : Extending numbers

Stella Mc
03-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm just wondering how much success people have had with Ofsted allowing them to increase their numbers of under 1s. I have a 2 year old and a 6 month old of my own, I'm due to start work again after maternity leave in Dec and have had an enquiry from a friend who wants me to look after her son (also 6 months) from Feb/Mar time. She would be paying a retainer during the time from dec-Feb/mar and would have a couple of settling in days in this time. It would be such a shame to turn down the only offer I've had of work for the sake of 2 being under the age of one, especially as it would only be for a couple of months as my son turns 1 in April.I know I have to fill in an application for a change in numbers, but am just wondering how much success people have had with this?
Stella x

moogster1a
03-11-2011, 01:19 PM
No problem at all. I got it for when my own lo was under 1, then afew months ago when he turned one, I phoned and asked for it to be continued so I could have 2 mindees under 1 rather than 1 mindee and my own lo and they did it in about 2 days.
Fill in the form from OFSTED , list the fact you have a double buggy, 2 car seats, where they will sleep and an example of a typical day and you shouldn't have a problem.
2 under 1's seem to be treated a lot differently to other variations ang IME go through faster and more likely to get it.
Good luck.

Chatterbox Childcare
03-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Just email or write to them requesting it, highlight your experience, toys, resources and planning. You should get it no problems