PDA

View Full Version : Aren't there some scumbuckets about

Pipsqueak
02-11-2011, 09:36 AM
A friends hubby was walking their beautiful soppy dog with their two children (age 13 and 7) last night and a group of scummy youfs surrounding them and threw fireworks at them and they managed to pin the dog down and tie one to his tail. The hubby is not a small bloke but he was trying to protect the kids and he said even he was frightened.:angry:

What on earth is the world coming to. I don't mind fireworks but passionatly believe that they should be restricted to organised displays only.

Thankfully all were ok, the dog has a burned tail and is recovering.

shazsull
02-11-2011, 09:49 AM
DISGUStING ,my niece had her dog stolen while out with her disabled son in his wheel chair!!!!! people are awful!

Helen Dempster
02-11-2011, 09:55 AM
It's a good job we're not allowed to swear on here, else....!!!! That is the most DISGUSTING HORRIBLE thing I've heard for a long time. And her poor hubby! Thank god all are ok though.

rickysmiths
02-11-2011, 10:13 AM
OMG! I have never heard of anything so terrible. Your poor friends. I hope the police get the yobs who were responsible.

I'd stick a firework up each of their tails and see how they like it.:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
02-11-2011, 10:15 AM
The police haven't even been out to them however they are 'aware of problems in the area' - whatever that is supposed to mean.

kindredspirits
02-11-2011, 10:24 AM
i carry a deoderant in my handbag for yobs - if they get threatening or too close i will spray them in the eyes. :D
i have to say i would insist the the firework was tracked back to the point of sale and demand to know how exactly it got into the hands of those yobs. :angry:

jumping j
02-11-2011, 10:37 AM
OMG this is one of the most awfull things I've ever heard!! It makes me so angry that people (children) think this behaviour is fun!!!!!:angry:

Tink
02-11-2011, 10:44 AM
It's disgusting what some people do especially to animals. They just have no sense and like someone said, the police never do anything until it's too late.

jane5
02-11-2011, 11:16 AM
It is just sickening:angry:

Hope the kids and hubby are ok, it must have been a horrible thing for them to see :censored:

caz3007
02-11-2011, 12:38 PM
That is really awful and something needs to be done.

We had huge problems from antisocial kids and there was a court case cos of them writing off our car. We had never done anything to the them, they live next door but one and had always gone out of our way to say hello etc. We were just unlucky,

I got online and emailed everyone, the local chief of police, the local anti social team and really laid it on about how it was affecting us and lo and behold it got dealt with. Fingers crossed we havent had to report anything for more than a year.

Get your friends to shout and shout really loud, it seems to be the only way to be heard

The Juggler
02-11-2011, 02:32 PM
oh pip that is awful. years ago we moved from another area. we had no trouble personally but a friend of mine was terrorised by youngsters in teh park with her 2 year old and had racist and very sexual comments made to her. On the other side of the park a mum and her teenage son were attacked and despite a large man stopping to help carried on until he pulled out his phone to call the police, then not long after two 10 year olds threw stones at a car, the 6ft bloke got out and starting telling them off and he was set upon them by these lads and their older brothers with baseballl bats and ended up in ICU. That was 10 years ago - dread to think what it's like there now :panic: :(

Pipsqueak
02-11-2011, 03:01 PM
apparently the police have 'logged the complaint for future reference' and are not coming out to see the family:(

I bet these little thugs make their parents so ruddy proud.

Twinkles
02-11-2011, 03:11 PM
That is really horrible. I agree that fireworks should only be on sale to proper organised displays.

Narnia34
02-11-2011, 03:19 PM
I also think that fireworks should only be available to those putting on public displays, or you must have a licence or something.

Many years ago, I was opening my front door and a kid had just thrown a lit firework up the path, I nearly pooped myself when it went off. Also, a while back in a part of London, there was a Staffy puppy taken from outside a shop, doused in petrol and had a lit firework tied to it's collar, not pretty.

Roseolivia
02-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Maybe go to the newspapers, that'll get it dealt with in the appropriate manner.

Hope all are ok though.

Jiorjiina
05-11-2011, 07:13 PM
My god, I'd be so furious I think I'd be getting in touch with my MP and the local animal charites and go to the press with it.

That's absolutely shameful and disgusting behaviour!

TheBTeam
05-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Disgusted and speechless :angry: :mad:

breezy
05-11-2011, 07:29 PM
I dont know what to say :angry:

babs
05-11-2011, 08:02 PM
I feel sick reading this. just told hubby and he's swore for all of us I. think its disgusting.

zippy
05-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Omg crying reading this, how can people do that to poor defenseless animals, is the dog ok? I'm sorry but I'd throw away the key people like that don't deserve to be walking around in my view doing that to an animal is only one step down from doing it to a child.

lozzy23
06-11-2011, 12:24 AM
It makes me feel so sad that there are people who do these sorts of things. So horrible:( :mad: :angry:

Bear23
06-11-2011, 08:25 AM
read this a while ago and can't get it out my head, poor dog :(

sick, sick people and howdare no on edo anything about it :angry:

Pipsqueak
06-11-2011, 09:02 AM
My ('older' - not allowed to say elderly she is a very spritely 71 year old lady) neighbour took her pup for a walk over the fields yesterday with her friend and their dog - this is daytime and a bunch of kids aged about 12 appeared and started throwing crackers and laughing their heads when the dogs got frightened. Little barstools.:angry:

Just an update about Winnie (the dog in the OP) is doing just fine - tail healing nicely. He is just a bit cautious when going out for a walk, refuses by sitting down to go near where he was hurt and is shaky when hearing loud noises but generally his normal soppy self I am pleased to report. They aren't going out after dark for walks (I haven't been either).

jelly15
06-11-2011, 09:21 AM
This is terrible! I know it is always said but I really do blame the parents. I know hand on heart that neither of my two teenage DSs would behave like that. My DS2 was horrified when I told him about this thread.

I hope those responsible get theirs one day, what goes around etc.

zippy
06-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Completely agree jelly, I think parents have a lot to answer for, sick of hearing them bleet on about how it's not their fault, didn't know what they were up to. but what about the police not even coming back they should be reacting to this awful crime not just logging it. These kids fear absolutely no come back off police or parents. My dad would have skinned me alive if I'd have even dared to think such a thing never mind actually do it. Those poor kids that have watched this happen to their family pet will surely have their faith in people damaged beyond compare by this. It's just awful.