PDA

View Full Version : Another xmas one sorry

newbie1512
31-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Ok so all my parents have been fab and told me their requirements for over xmas hols and they dont need me the week after xmas, I was not going to take any holidays over xmas as from personal experience I know when a parent has to work but the cm doesnt it can be tough and I am going on my hols in January :clapping: :clapping: CANT WAIT :D
So can I still charge full fees (as parents holiday) or should I reduce my rates as all 3 sets of parents dont need me? I will be around should there be a change and a parent needs me last minute ect

VeggieSausage
31-10-2011, 01:21 PM
oooh lucky you! Depends on how you have set up your contracts up I would say. I don't work bank holidays so I make no charge for them, then other days I charge a half fee for holidays (4 weeks only per year after that a full fee is payable) so I would charge a half fee for the other days. I wouldn't reduce your entitled pay for holidays as all 3 have booked it off - think it as a lovely christmas bonus for all the hard work you have doen over the year! x:)

Penny1959
31-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Provided you are willing for a change of plans - as parents have booked it off it is their choice and therefore if you normally charge full then charge full.

By the way - if parents book a holiday then as far as I am concerned they can not change their mind once the holiday has started - I only accept change of plans up to the last day before the holiday because I make plans to do things with the other mindees that are more difficult to do when everyone attending.

Penny :)

Chatterbox Childcare
31-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Personally if I was not needed I would charge in full and then enjoy the xmas hols. As you were willing to work them I think that it is fair.

I had a parent come back to me a couple of years ago 1 week before christmas and say that she had changed her mind. I told her we had made plans and we agreed on a 50% fee and she kept the mindee.

jane5
31-10-2011, 02:31 PM
I am charging full fee's as I am willing to work (Please Lord no no no:littleangel: )
but so far I am only needed Thursday until 12 for 1 child.

It will be just my luck that the parents decide to send any way:crying:

mufftie
31-10-2011, 02:42 PM
I probably wouldnt charge as my parents don't pay if they book holiday with me , up to 4 , wks a year , so unless they were over their allowance of 4 wks then time off is free