PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Charges Query

natalie28
30-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Hi all

I am a new childminder, and need help. Thank goodness for this website!

The way Christmas falls this year, being a bank holiday Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday is one of my allocated days to work. How do u charge for this time of year?
I charge at the moment if the parent takes holiday, and i dont charge when i book holiday.

Any information welcome :)

Many thanks

Natalie

miffy
30-10-2011, 08:15 PM
What do your contracts say about Bank Holidays?

Mine say I charge for BH's if they fall on a contracted day but as I'll be taking the whole of that week off, I won't charge parents for any of the days even though my contracts say I charge for the BH.

Miffy xx

natalie28
31-10-2011, 12:05 PM
I am a bit confused!

I have looked at the contracts and cannot see it anywhere. I use the NCMA ones. Please can u help :-(

Natalie x

rickysmiths
31-10-2011, 12:40 PM
Right if you look at page 2 of the NCMA contract.

Top of the page is the Contracted Hours and charges.

Middle of the page blank to add your own details eg this is where I write my late collection fee, late payment fee and any differences due to parents individual requirements.

Bottom of the page. You have the Additional Charges section. At the bottom of the first list it says:

'For available statutory public holidays, what rate will be charged?' £__________

This where I put what I charge.

I am available to work BH but I require 4 weeks notice in writing that the parent needs me.

If they don't need me and a BH falls on a contracted day they then pay full fee. It is a Statutory holiday so I do not Consider it part of my annual holiday even if I am not required to work. So the Christmas week those who would normally come on the Monday or Tuesday will pay their normal fee. I would then take the Wed/Thurs/Fri as holiday if I wan't the week off.

By having the 4 weeks notice I can always refuse to work if it is not what I want to do on that BH in which case I wouldn't charge or if I charged 1/2 fee for my holiday I would charge that for the BH.

Also in this section I put that if I am asked to work the fee will be double the normal fee, except for Christmas Day, Boxing Day or New Years Day when i charge triple the normal fee. I have worked one Boxing Day in 17 years!

I hope that helps.

Chatterbox Childcare
31-10-2011, 01:45 PM
You would still charge for Monday and then on Tuesday if the mindee is coming you charge as normal, same if they take a holiday. If you are taking it as holiday you need to refund/credit