PDA

View Full Version : only needed term time

Trisha 13
14-05-2008, 08:21 PM
hi there i have a new child starting in june, she only wants me 3 days a week during school term, do i charge half fee in the holidays as its nearly 12 weeks in the year, without money if i dont ??? She is getting help with childcare costs, how does that work ????? x x x ;)

katickles
14-05-2008, 08:31 PM
I mind for a term time only (& for just 3 days :rolleyes: ) In my contract I have stated that is is just that. I also require a retainer fee of 50% to keep the place open. Parents were fine with this as i also explained that if i were to take on a temp holiday mindee - then i would obviously not charge the retainer fee.

hth :)

Eagles4ever
14-05-2008, 08:41 PM
I would charge a retainer of 50% to keep the place open.

Sue x

miffy
14-05-2008, 09:29 PM
If she is getting help with her childcare costs then charging half fees seems very fair

Good luck

miffy xx

ma7ie
14-05-2008, 09:46 PM
I agree with katickles.

christine e
15-05-2008, 06:28 AM
I do charge 50% retainer for all my term time only ones ( I have 4 of them )
and I don't make any comment about maybe taking others on just for holiday
12 weeks holiday is a long time all other parents I restrict to 4 weeks at half fee so any quibble with TTO's I point out that other parents only get 4 weeks at half, if I manage to take someone on for some of the holidays then that is a bonus, I have never taken children on for the full weeks (hope I am making sense here) so I don't feel bad charging the half fee for the TTO's and then filling their places (most of them are over 8 anyway).

Christine

angeldelight
15-05-2008, 06:44 AM
I have term contracts and holiday contracts

I do not charge a retainer inbetween

Silly me ! Im much too soft

Angel xx

sarah707
15-05-2008, 07:06 AM
I don't charge like Angel.

I use the time in the holidays for other families who want holiday only care and to be with my own children :D

disney
15-05-2008, 04:05 PM
i dont charge either but wish i did what with all the days over the holls that i dont get paid and bank hols im not earning much im afraid :( thought i would be able to fill the spaces with some holiday mindees but i havnt x

katickles
15-05-2008, 04:16 PM
i dont charge either but wish i did what with all the days over the holls that i dont get paid and bank hols im not earning much im afraid :( thought i would be able to fill the spaces with some holiday mindees but i havnt x

Just to let you know - I also charge for bank holidays, worth thinking about!

Rubybubbles
15-05-2008, 04:49 PM
I have term contracts and holiday contracts

I do not charge a retainer inbetween

Silly me ! Im much too soft

Angel xx

I have done the same, but only school run term time so not a huge amount of loss to me

scottie
15-05-2008, 04:55 PM
hi i have term time only too and no i don't charge as i think it would be unfair

wendywu
15-05-2008, 05:18 PM
I charge 50% in holidays that is normal where i live, everyone does it.:)

Trisha 13
15-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Thank you for all your replys, i have never done a retainer before , how does it work. I have a child now only term time i didnt charge as it was a short term contract, ( 4 months ). This one is long term. Will tax credits still help her with retainers ? For some stupid reason i thought Childminding would be great fun but i hate all the paperwork and money talk. Sometimes wonder if its worth it lol :)

katickles
15-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Thank you for all your replys, i have never done a retainer before , how does it work. I have a child now only term time i didnt charge as it was a short term contract, ( 4 months ). This one is long term. Will tax credits still help her with retainers ? For some stupid reason i thought Childminding would be great fun but i hate all the paperwork and money talk. Sometimes wonder if its worth it lol :)

Sorry can't help with tax credits as never had anything to do with them - i'm sure somebody will hep you out with this soon though.

For my retainer - parents either arrange direct debit payments or send cheques to cover the payment date as per contract iyswim?