PDA

View Full Version : mother in laws will

Bevbeetle
26-10-2011, 08:05 PM
5 weeks ago my mother in law died suddenly away she left her will we all thought to my father in law but she left my hubby and his brother £10,000 each plus £2,000 to our children its so lovely my daughter is going to college and deserate for a new lap top so that some of her money son needs new car thats his Now my hubby wants us to do something with ours but we dont know what ????? im in tears writing this she was so thoughtful it said in her will they all work so hard they deserve a treat

LittleMissSparkles
26-10-2011, 08:13 PM
im so sorry for your loss, how lovely of her to leave you a token of her love for you all xxx

Emily'bubbles
26-10-2011, 08:22 PM
So sorry for your loss, such a lovely token. What do you think she would like you to do with it? :)

Maza
26-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Sorry for your loss. Your mother-in-law will be smiling down on you as you do something nice for yourselves. x

Cammie Doodle
26-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Ah bless her, how thoughtful. When my MIL and FIL died (only a few days apart:eek: ) We were all given an envelope with money in to buy ourselves a gift, bless her she must of planned this . Our Son used his to buy his 1st moped (he was 16 at the time)and he says that it started him off and feels that his Nanna and Papa helped him on his motoring pathway and still feels this many motorbikes and cars on and often says this to people. I bought a huge mirror for above my fireplace (that I would never have dreamt of buying) and Hubby bought Golf clubs. Whatever you do enjoy.

sarah707
27-10-2011, 06:59 AM
You could go on the holiday of a lifetime... spend it on a new car... drip it over the next few months and years to go on lots of special weekends away... put it towards a conservatory or other home improvement... buy some very special jewellery ...

Just do something with it you wouldn't normally do and enjoy it in the spirit it was gifted.

I am so sorry for your loss xx

Bevbeetle
27-10-2011, 08:54 AM
thanks everyone i think because she said 'they work so hard they deserve a treat' we should spoil ourselves my hubby always wanted to go on safari so just rang travel agents too see how much x

Chatterbox Childcare
27-10-2011, 09:02 AM
You are still grieving so why don't you put it in the bank and wait a couple of months and look at it again.

Sorry to hear of the sad passing x

nannysue
27-10-2011, 10:08 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss, she sounds a very special lady. My mother in law died a week ago tomorrow but unfortunatly we were not at all close.

What a wonderful gift, as the others have said do something that you have always wanted to do but would never have afforded. I'm sure she would be so pleased to see you enjoying yourselves.

mandy moo
27-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Sorry to hear about your MIL.
When my Nan died (6mths short of her 100th birthday) she left me £1000:)

I have always wanted a solitare diamond necklace so thats what I decided to buy plus some earings to match, otherwise I would have frittered it away and have nothing to show for it.