PDA

View Full Version : CYPOP5

Sharyn
26-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Hello, I am trying to get my head around this course. I am doing it online through distance learning, but feel I'm not getting the help or support I should be. Before I signed up for it, they advertised that I would be allocated a tutor, but I haven't been, I've got to send an email and leave my telephone number and someone will ring me.

I've not done anything like this before and I feel like I'm up against a brick wall. I'm really struggling with it. I've tried emailing, but replies are very forward, as if I should know what they want, but I don't.

I've tried for over a week to figure out about the legislation and regulatory bodies, this is only the first part :(.

I have got bits of the first unit done, but again, I don't really know what or how much they want. I feel really stupid emailing them again, so thought I would come here and see if anyone would be so kind as to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance, Sharyn.

jumping j
26-10-2011, 02:38 PM
There are lots of links on here with advice about various parts of this course, I handed mine in to my co-ordinator 4 weeks ago, as part of my Diplome in CYPWF, and should recieve feedback at the beginning of November.
If you can get hold of the book that accompanies the course it gives a really good starting point.
it's called Home-Based Childcare Student Book: Level 3 Unit CYPOP 5 by Sheila Riddall-Leech and you can get it from amazon for around £17.00 or request it from the local library!!!

Shamai
26-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Hi I am not sure who you're doing your online course with but when I did mine I also wasn't sure how much to write. For legislation and regulatory bodies, I done a total of one and a half A4 pages which included information on the 3 registers (Early Years etc) and what requirements Ofsted need for someone to become a childminder - paediatric first aid course, CRB etc. For regulatory bodies I wrote about the role of Ofsted (looked on their website) and what checks they make before and after registration of a childminder. With regard to not having a tutor, this is what you are paying for and I think they are being extremely unfair by not helping you. I would call them again or email them saying until someone has called you, you cannot continue with your studies. They are breaching their terms of the contract and should at least reply to let you know when/how you can speak to your tutor. Good luck x

Shamai
26-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Repeated first post!