PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me please?

Boris
25-10-2011, 11:33 AM
I have got a LO due to start with me soon. He will be doing 3 days at full rate and 2 at half rate (dad is shift worker). When he uses an extra day, mum will top up to full rate. His mum rang today to say she currently pays his nursery in arrears and can't afford the month up front that I am asking for. I don't want to lose this child so what should I offer, if anything? I thought maybe paying a little extra each week until they are ahead but I have no idea how to work this out. I don't want to get stung either!

Has anyone had this before?

xshellbellex
25-10-2011, 11:37 AM
What about if they pay you up front weekly or every 2 weeks instead of monthly. It can be difficult paying a month up front if some parents get paid weekly instead of monthly

Just a suggestion

Boris
25-10-2011, 11:38 AM
:blush: I hadn't even thought of that! hahaha! makes sense, thanks xx

Pipsqueak
25-10-2011, 11:45 AM
I ask for a minimum of 1 weeks fees as security and then at the end of the first week of minding I would expect payment for that week.
I would apply the same to 2 weekly or monthly

Goatgirl
25-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Hi :),
I'd do as above and charge weekly or fortnightly in advance but with extra on top so that after a period of time you have a four week advance payment/deposit in hand. Then drop to flat weekly (no extra) or begin 4 weekly payments.

best wishes,
Wendy :)

The Juggler
25-10-2011, 12:11 PM
i agree ask for a week in advance for now until they are on their feet then suggest they move to monthly in advance (if they get paid monthly) say in 3 months time?

LittleMissSparkles
25-10-2011, 03:19 PM
i personally charge 1 months bond up front as i have had to go to court twice now to try and get my loss of earnings from parents, I am in the process of having an attachemnts of earnings on one as we went to court and i won and she still didnt pay, its almost £1200 with the court costs etc added, ive learnt the hard way and after being so understanding and compromising with parents before that is one thing i will not be moved on, no fees aid up front no childcare xxx

hope whatever you decide it works out for you xxx