PDA

View Full Version : foundation degree...nvq first?

jojobell
21-10-2011, 06:53 PM
hi there, i am looking for some advice really, my evetal goal is to do the foundation degree in early years, i wanted to no do u have to do nvq3 in childcare first? i only ask as i no u can go onto foundation degrees without nvq as sutch and i already have one in health and social care.................
i would however now like to focus compleately on the eraly years side of thing so any advice frompeople in simial situations would be so much apriated!!!!!!
ps many typos tonight am tired.......sorry

Playmate
21-10-2011, 07:04 PM
I would go straight for the foundation degree and not bother with NVQ3. I have a Nursing Qualification and a level 3 in childminding practice and then did NVQ 3 in CCLD, but regretted it. I wish now I had just gone straight for the degree. I'm now in my 2nd year of EYFD and actually feel as though I'm learning something, where as during NVQ I just felt as though it were a tick box excerise. Good luck with whatever you decide to go for :D

rosebud
22-10-2011, 07:47 AM
I have a Foundation Degree in Early years but no level 3. I did mine with the OU and got the Level 4 Certificate in Early Years Practice on the way.

Hope that helps.