PDA

View Full Version : CYPOP5 Course Level 3

KMay
20-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Hi,
I am finding this course interesting, there is no guidance what so ever! Anybody else feeling the same??!
I am currently completing assignment 5- leaflet for carers. I am struggling on 'where to obtain current guidance on health and safety risk assessment of the home based work setting' I have looked on ROSPA, NCMA and HSE for help and information but don't seem to be getting anywhere. Surely it can't be that difficult!:panic:
Any help will be really appreciated, thanks x

jumping j
21-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Hi,
i've just completed this as part of my Diploma and found the book that goes with it really useful as a guide for where to look for things, I just borrowed it form the library for 3 weeks and flew through most of the assignments.
I think it's called something like setting up you home based practioner or what ever the actual title of the course is!!!
For this bit I did an outline of the types of supervision, the factors that may change the type of supervision e.g. environment, development stage etc. Then did a blurb about Ofsted for guidance and risk assessments.
Hope this is helpful, otherwise there's loads of threads on here somewhere about the CYPOP 5;)

sarah c
21-10-2011, 10:33 AM
hiya hve you looked in the children and young peoples workforce book ive got the book but waiting for my course to start and tht book looks really useful

i could probably scan the pages tht i think you will need if you want or if that is any help

xx

jumping j
21-10-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm using this book too and it is really useful, the other one is more in depth for the CYPOP 5 because it's just aimed at the one set of assignments, I've had them both out from the library and they've both been really helpful, I've now brought the Cache Children and Young People's Workforce one because I think it's got some really useful stuff in, I'm surprised they don't recommend a book when you start the CYPOP 5

KMay
21-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks for your help everyone. I think I have managed to cover all that I need to now in this module so will send it off and see. (I do have the textbook 'Home based Childcare for Childminders and Nannies, for the level 3 Unit CYPOP 5 course but it gave loads of information on the rest of this task but not the bit I was stuck on) Hopefully I have done enough, I am glad I am now over half way through!
K x:)

sarah c
22-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Good luck and fingers crossed for you

x