PDA

View Full Version : In Middle of ICP & have had interest already

mummyof3
14-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Hi Everyone

As title says I'm in middle of my ICP course and a friend of my daughters mum has just asked me if by Sept I should be registered and can I have her daughter before and after school. She will be 8yrs old by then. Do I have to be registered to have her from sept? Thankfully the mum has used childminders before and wants it all contracted and above board and has assured me she will not take advantage of me - thank god!! I'm not sure I will be ready by sept - I will be ready - but my house won't be as we are converting the dining room into a play room and we need a new kitchen fitted!

Also, can I ask what will happen with regards to her coming here after school. She is a regular at our house and goes off upstairs with my daughter and also plays on the green out the front of our house. She lives on the same road as us. But, I am under the impression this will not be allowed and she will have to be in my sight at all times. Is this correct? Seems such a farce if she has been coming here for years and playing upstairs and out the front etc and both myself and her mum are fine with it.

Can I just say I don't let them out on the front completely unsupervised I do keep checking on them and they stay at the front of my house - just wanted to clear that up!!:laughing:

sarah707
14-05-2008, 03:01 PM
If parents want to claim tax credits (and don't forget you need to be insured to start working), then you need to be registered ...

As far as what an over 8 mindee does when in your care, that is between you and the parents. You need to make sure whatever you do is written down in association with the parents and signed as their wishes.

The sight and hearing rule is for under 8s... but good practice for all children. There isn't a rule book for over 8s, just good practice advice from agencies like Nspcc.

You should also make it very clear with over 8s exactly where they are welcome to go in your house ... esp important if all is ok to start with but then there is a falling out between the girls or something.

Good luck with sorting it all out! :D

Banana
14-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Great to have an enquiry so early on!!

Hope it all works out! Sarah has given good advice

x

Pauline
14-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Nothing to add but wanted to say well done. :)

LOOPYLISA
14-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi Everyone

As title says I'm in middle of my ICP course and a friend of my daughters mum has just asked me if by Sept I should be registered and can I have her daughter before and after school. She will be 8yrs old by then. Do I have to be registered to have her from sept? Thankfully the mum has used childminders before and wants it all contracted and above board and has assured me she will not take advantage of me - thank god!! I'm not sure I will be ready by sept - I will be ready - but my house won't be as we are converting the dining room into a play room and we need a new kitchen fitted!

Also, can I ask what will happen with regards to her coming here after school. She is a regular at our house and goes off upstairs with my daughter and also plays on the green out the front of our house. She lives on the same road as us. But, I am under the impression this will not be allowed and she will have to be in my sight at all times. Is this correct? Seems such a farce if she has been coming here for years and playing upstairs and out the front etc and both myself and her mum are fine with it.

Can I just say I don't let them out on the front completely unsupervised I do keep checking on them and they stay at the front of my house - just wanted to clear that up!!:laughing:

Hi can i be really stupid, wats a icp? inspection?:idea:

sarah707
14-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Hi can i be really stupid, wats a icp? inspection?:idea:

ICP is the course you have to go on to become a childminder - Introduction to Childminding ... some areas call it different names, I know in Cheshire it's the ICC - Introduction to Childminding Cheshire .

And you're not supid - sometimes it seems all the acronyms are there to confuse :D