PDA

View Full Version : Parent newsletter?

candlequeen
19-10-2011, 06:05 PM
I am thinking of starting a parent newsletter.
The kind of things I want to communicate are things like new policies or new things we're doing, new children starting and children leaving, inspection news (when this ever happens) and I suppose any news about children's learning and play that I've found out that I think parents might be interested in.
Is there anything you would suggest would be inappropriate or can you recommend things that have worked or not worked?

sarah707
19-10-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm not sure what might be inappropriate... maybe mentioning individual children if you don't have parents permission to share info about them.

Hth :D

Penny1959
19-10-2011, 07:18 PM
I do a parent newsletter - once a month (well usualy) I have parental permission to use first names and for photographs of the children to be in the newsletter and for the newsletter to be put on my website.

I include all the things you mentioned - also things like when recently I was having problems with all 4 mindees (all under 2) who were getting mixed messages from me and the parents about what was allowed and what was not.

I do not put anything in about parents - such as new baby - without checking with them first. I also do not mention in newsletter if parents going on holiday as don't want to advertise that their house will be empty.

Good luck with your newsletter - and if you want to look at some ofmine - they are on website www.*********************

Penny :)

jumping j
19-10-2011, 07:27 PM
I do a newsletter every 2 months, I've had positive comments about the photo's that I put on of the children on outings, enjoying time in the garden or playing together. I also include any outings that we've been on, outings that we will be going on in the next 2 months and any information about my holidays etc. I also include a brief outline of any topics we might be doing like autumn, halloween, bonfire night, christmas, winter etc.
I have put reminders on about correct clothing, suncream, medicine etc. but these are ignored just like the letters and texts are!!!!:angry: