PDA

View Full Version : Policy written/review questions

teacherinwales
18-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Hi, can anyone help with the following questions please?

1. I am including 'date policy was written' and 'due for review date' on each policy and procedure. But is the 'date the policy was written the date of signing or the actual date the policy was created? If it's the latter, and I created the policy in March 11, is reviewed yearly, a parent signs February 12, then will the policy need to be reviewed and signed again the following month?

2. When do I review? Yearly?

3. Do parents need to sign all policies and procedures again when reviewed? What if I decide there are no changes to be made?

Thank you.

mama2three
18-10-2011, 01:25 PM
mine are dated with when they are written. review dates are either annual or upon any factor resulting in change to policy or procedure. parents are given copies ( by email) of any changed policies but not for reviews without changes.
My policies have built up over time so there isnt 1 review date for all policies. I make a diarised note of when each needs reviewing so I dont miss them.

teacherinwales
18-10-2011, 01:38 PM
So is the review date a year from when the actual policy was written or a year from parent signing?

To be honest I can't understand why I need 'date policy was written' because surely it's up-to-date/correct when I give it to the parents.

sarah707
18-10-2011, 06:16 PM
Date policy written tells the reader that is was up-to-date and current on that day... changes happen all the time to law and to requirements.

Date of review can be any time within or up to a year.

For example...

I review all my policies in September annually...

However I might make changes and put a new 'date policy written' on it because there are changes in legislation or something happens I want to note...

The review date will still be Sept because that's when they are in my diary to be checked.

Hth :D

teacherinwales
18-10-2011, 08:25 PM
:) Thanks.

tulip0803
18-10-2011, 08:29 PM
I do this too. I have the date I actually wrote the policy ( or made changes) and then I put the actual date reviewed on so CSSIW can see that it has been reviewed. I do it Jan every year but this year had to re-do in April after the NMS changes.

In Wales the CSSIW expects parents to be given full copies of all Policies and procedures (or they did when I registered in 2008 and they have not told me different). I get parents to sign when they receive the P&P booklet and for any major changes (not just a change of phrase, something that affects my procedures or the care of the children) and this is put in the childrens files. If their are no changes I just carry on, as parent has already signed for them.

I have a file on my shelf with my up-to-date ones and I tell parents they can always check theirs against mine should they want to. Only major change I have made in 3 years is the under 5s in full time school which I hope I can change back again soon;) .