PDA

View Full Version : help with planning - PLEASE!!

Lalah Swift
13-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi all
please help if you can - i have always found it difficult to plan activites that i can observe and tie into the areas of learning!

i have come up with a weekly plan - the bit i find difficult is thinking of activities to do with the kids that i can then tie in with the development matters stages!

i understand not all development matters will be able to be tied in but i really stuggle!

Any advice would be most appricated!
Thanks
L x

sarah707
13-10-2011, 05:49 PM
I think you might have it the wrong way round for the little ones...

Watch and listen and write your observations

Link your observations to development matters

Use development matters and your knowledge of the children to plan activities you know they will enjoy doing next.

For older ones you can plan in advance using themes etc if you wish but always think about what they enjoy first so they are interested in what you are doing with them.

Hth :D

Nature'sKids!
15-10-2011, 09:13 AM
The way see it is that almost anything can be linked to at least 2 or 3 areas of learning, even if it's simple things you do every day like eating, washing hands, getting dressed, etc. Plan your weekly activities and daily activities, whatever you feel the kids would ENJOY. Then observe and you'll soon see where and how these activities are linked.