PDA

View Full Version : Household bills

Mummits
12-10-2011, 05:30 PM
I've been doing quite complex calculations to work out weekly amounts for heating etc as although I usually work forty hours or more, it can be less or even zero if I am on holiday or one or more of my minded children is. From others' comments though I suspect I may be overcomplicating matters as everyone must have some non-full time days, so can nobody actually claim the full allowance, or if you usually work forty hours is that near enough?

Chatterbox Childcare
13-10-2011, 07:29 AM
I have taken the whole year and divided it by 52 weeks or 12 months. If you have a 60 week spreadsheet due to 5 week months you need to spread it over 60 weeks. At the end of the day the claim figure will be the same so as long as it is in there somewhere it doesn't matter

TheBTeam
13-10-2011, 07:35 AM
When i had weeks that had different hours, i just worked it out for the hours i worked and had a little master sheet of all the possible combinations, i dont think if you are contracted to work less than 40 hours some weeks you can still claim the full amount.

loocyloo
13-10-2011, 08:44 AM
i claim for the 40 hrs a week even if some weeks children are away, or i'm on holiday ... i am still 'working' 40 hours a week. i've never changed because i'm away, or have taken the day off.