PDA

View Full Version : Help with revamp of my system

cupcake22
12-10-2011, 05:26 PM
I am thinking of having a revamp of my planning system. I currently have 3 in the EYFS & in the New Year will have another 1.
At the moment each child has their own folder which includes daily dairy sheets for each week, planning, observations & next steps.
I was thinking that when the new baby starts I will buy a small desk diary for her (& the others if you all think it’s a better idea lol) & use that to write in for her daily routine what we plan to do on that day. This way I will only have to print off sheets for observations & next steps as at the moment I am printing off a weekly planning sheet for each child & it seems pointless using all that ink especially for the children that are only here for 1 or 2 days.
I would welcome your comments & any suggestions to simplify my system as I am sure this way I will be able to keep more up to date with my paperwork than I am a the moment.

Thank you

Cupcake22

sarah707
12-10-2011, 05:38 PM
I write one plan for all the children with lots of different ideas on it... this is filed in my group planning file and can come out again next year.

I then write what the child has actually done on their individual plan in their LJ. This is linked to the Eyfs and next steps etc.

I don't feel I am duplicating because things often change and go off in different directions and I expect that to happen.

Hth :D

cupcake22
12-10-2011, 09:38 PM
I write one plan for all the children with lots of different ideas on it... this is filed in my group planning file and can come out again next year.

I then write what the child has actually done on their individual plan in their LJ. This is linked to the Eyfs and next steps etc.

I don't feel I am duplicating because things often change and go off in different directions and I expect that to happen.

Hth :D

Hi Sarah Do you write in their individual plan each day or just when you do your observations & planning for next steps as some days a lot happens and then other days its not a lot depending on the child

thanks

Cupcake22

sarah707
13-10-2011, 07:02 AM
I write an overview of the child's week with me... as all my Eyfs children come 2 days a week I write about 3 lines per child.

Things I have done - this week I have enjoyed playing with the hopping frogs and pretending to be a frog; at the park I went on the swings and slide; during music time I asked for the 'frog song'

Things Sarah has planned for me - this week I have been involved in lots of activities about autumn and the changes that are happening outside. My favourite was collecting leaves - I made a huge pile with my friends and jumped into it!

Next steps might come from an observation on the leaf collecting ... make them into something (link to CD being creative) or an observation on the interest in frogs (link to KUW finding out about the world around us).

Something like that :D