PDA

View Full Version : do I need to keep a copy?

littleraspberry
10-10-2011, 08:07 AM
I've had a bit of a to do over sharing information with other settings. Some people may have read about it in the private board, so I won't repeat it all here.
It all led to mum withdrawing her child from me :( and now I'm not sure what to do with the learning journey of the child. I know under normal circumstances it would be passed on to his school as part of the transition process, but I can't do that in this instance. So it needs to go to mum. I've been advised by my DO to get mum to sign to say that she has taken it, with advice that she passes the information on herself, which I will do.
My wonder is, should I be taking copies of any of it? By this I mean the highlight charts for the EYFS and my evidence (I have copies of all the information regarding the issues that led to this already).
I guess I just feel annoyed that all my hard work is likely to end up in the bin.

PixiePetal
10-10-2011, 08:14 AM
LJs are given to parents, it is up to parent to give to school if they want. I know my mindees LJ has not gone further than home but at least they are keeping it as there are lots of photos in it. Ofsted are not interested in past mindees LJs

littleraspberry
10-10-2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks for that!

Tazmin68
03-11-2011, 10:13 AM
I will put a spanner in works. I have Mrs O on Tuesday who said that I should keep copies of learning journeys for 5 years !!!!

yes that made my ncma coordinator laugh too. I copy and keep them for a year so i always have current year and previous year as well.

cupcake22
03-11-2011, 03:12 PM
I will put a spanner in works. I have Mrs O on Tuesday who said that I should keep copies of learning journeys for 5 years !!!!

yes that made my ncma coordinator laugh too. I copy and keep them for a year so i always have current year and previous year as well.

They are having a laugh. It costs me a fortune in paper & ink already without keeping copies aswell.

Cupcake22

sarah707
03-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Photos etc belong to the parents and should leave your house when the child leaves.

It is good practice to share the LJ with the child's other setting but you are not responsible for getting it to them. The parents do that.

hth :D