PDA

View Full Version : Percentage allowable on household bills part time work

samb
09-10-2011, 08:54 PM
My mind has gone blank! Please help me! I have a spreadsheet I set up which works out my allowed amount of expenses for my household bills based on the percentages in the MM folder. However, I can't for the life of me remember how to work out the exact percentage allowed. I have quite random hours for childminding due to extra children in holidays being ad hoc and also over time so therefore I work out an average amount of hours I have worked that month then divide it by amount of weeks in that month to give me the amount of hours worked. What I now need to work out is the percentage I can claim for those hours. So for example I worked an average of 29 hours per week - how do I work out the percentage I am allowed to claim for bills? I am getting confused!

sarah707
10-10-2011, 05:51 PM
The HMRC document listing all the percentages is in free downloads at the top of the forum :D

samb
15-10-2011, 08:52 AM
HI Sarah -these are only the percentages of certain hours worked - what about working out what you can claim if you have worked an amount in between - for example 29 hours?

aly
15-10-2011, 01:32 PM
HI Sarah -these are only the percentages of certain hours worked - what about working out what you can claim if you have worked an amount in between - for example 29 hours?
go with middle ground. so if its 29 hours work it off 30 hours or 24% h&l and 6% water & ct?

MrAnchovy
15-10-2011, 08:26 PM
As I read it, you can claim 29/40 of the full time percentages.

samb
16-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Ah Mr A thank you - so the sum I need to add to my excel sheet is
=full time percentage allowed /40 * hours worked that week ???

MrAnchovy
16-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Ah Mr A thank you - so the sum I need to add to my excel sheet is
=full time percentage allowed /40 * hours worked that week ???

Exactly that :D

samb
19-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Ah well done me! Knew I had it in there somewhere but seemed to have lost the sum from my spreadsheet and also from my brain! I will put it back in now before I forget! Thank you! Not sure what i would do without this forum!