PDA

View Full Version : Childminding on non domestic premises

westie84
09-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Hi, can anyone tell me whether its possible to register as a childminder on non domestic premises i.e using church hall facilities?

christine e
09-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Think you can cos a friend of mine was going to do this but Ofsted suggested she register as a Daycarer because she could have higher ratios!

Penny1959
09-10-2011, 12:49 PM
It is possible and Ofsted have a number of factsheets on their website www.ofsted.gov.uk

However I think it would come under childcare rather than childminding.

Penny :)

rickysmiths
09-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Surely the minute you leave a home based environment you are no longer a Childminder because you are not offering home from home care?

Interestingly I have a mum visiting me tomorrow who is moving into the area.

She was with a cm but has been upset because the cm decided to change her setting into a Nursery. Transfered all her minded into the nursery and started employing very young staff. The mum was not impressed and felt her child was no longer in a home based setting that she had chosen for her child. I get the impression had she not been moving she would have moved her child back to a childminder.

Penny1959
09-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Surely the minute you leave a home based environment you are no longer a Childminder because you are not offering home from home care?Interestingly I have a mum visiting me tomorrow who is moving into the area.

She was with a cm but has been upset because the cm decided to change her setting into a Nursery. Transfered all her minded into the nursery and started employing very young staff. The mum was not impressed and felt her child was no longer in a home based setting that she had chosen for her child. I get the impression had she not been moving she would have moved her child back to a childminder.

That is my understanding Rickysmiths - it is not childminding - which is on Domestic premises - but childcare on non domestic premises.

I have very little knowledge of this hence reffering to Ofsted guidelines.

Penny :)