PDA

View Full Version : Holiday agreements

JojoB
08-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Hi

I've just registered as a childminder and have a little boy starting with me in November. I've just been sorting out contracts with the parents and they have asked me about having a certain amount of days per year (agreed in our contrat) where they don't have to pay me if, for example, they have family to stay who would be able to look after their son instead of me. Apparently they know of three other people whose childminders have agreed to this in their contracts. Has anyone heard of this before? Thanks

sarah707
08-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Usually childminder holidays are free and parent holidays are either full or half cost.

I suppose it depends on how busy you are / desperate for work if you are going to offer something more favourable to the family.

Hth :D

The Juggler
08-10-2011, 04:01 PM
if they are not t-time only then I might agree to say a week. or if you don't charge for parent holidays then say, if this happens they could use one of their parent holiday days to do this.

However, I'd cap parent holidays as 4 weeks if they are payment free, to make sure they don't use their holidays AND then want free weeks when relatives can offer care:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
08-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Hi

I've just registered as a childminder and have a little boy starting with me in November. I've just been sorting out contracts with the parents and they have asked me about having a certain amount of days per year (agreed in our contrat) where they don't have to pay me if, for example, they have family to stay who would be able to look after their son instead of me. Apparently they know of three other people whose childminders have agreed to this in their contracts. Has anyone heard of this before? Thanks

and i know that pigs fly and I ALSO know about 200 childminders who DON'T do this. Good for them and if they want to use them for their services I would be more than happy to allow them to go elsewhere.

I would say a firm resounding no to this. This is my income and not a dip in and out as they please. Somewhere down the line, if they had been playing fair with me I would be more than happy to say oh don't worry about that sick day or something.... but certainly not now.

singlewiththree
08-10-2011, 04:19 PM
I think it depends how many days really. I have a child who's parent goes to university and I let her do university holidays and don't charge as I feel it is in the best interest of the baby.

I have another who does college term times and again I don't charge in the hols.

In the hols I get the siblings all day of my other child and also some additional ones as well as having my own 3 children therefore it suits me to have fewer little children to worry about and I can get about with the older ones more easily.

It can bite me in the bum like my university baby's mum is having another baby and he is leaving in April and coming back Sept with sibling.

My college child's mum finishes the course in April and is leaving also so I will be left with 1 child and very little money :(

Velleity
08-10-2011, 04:58 PM
I wouldn't agree to this at all. I couldn't afford to suddenly have a weeks less money.

wendywu
08-10-2011, 05:35 PM
I dont charge for my5 weeks of holiday, so if they fit in with this then it is free time for them.

But thats it , if i dont get paid its because i dont want to be because i am on a beach somewhere hot. I decide not them.

And none not one single solitary childminder out of the 40 odd i know really well have what your parent is suggesting written into their contract .

So dont do it :panic:

margaret
08-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Wouldnt even consider it.Nursery wouldnt do this or preschool.Some people are cheeky.