PDA

View Full Version : Risk assessment for toys and activities

jumping j
07-10-2011, 01:28 PM
I have Mrs O coming out on Tuesday and while have all other risk assessments in place, car, walking, trips to shops, school run, park, playgroup etc. I don't have one for toys or activities, do I have to risk assess every activity I do ie. one for painting, one for glueing, one for play dough, one for water play etc or can I do a general risk assessment for toys and activities?
It seems like an awful lot of paper work to risk assess every activity?!?!?:eek:

Pandypops
08-10-2011, 08:22 AM
I have a general one covering possible risks for things like broken toys, paint and glue, not to use certain toys for under 3's etc... but I do keep reading they should be specific to each activity. I am not going to change mine as I think it is sufficient and covers everything......

Ali56
08-10-2011, 09:37 AM
I have a general one too and I won't change it. Mine covers clean toys, accessibility, clear/clean surfaces, broken toys, craft equipment, floors, trailing flexes etc . I have a bit for age appropriate toys. I don't always have children in the under 3 bracket and often have only older ones (in the hols) I don't want to do one to cover every activity we do, its far to much paperwork- Surely Mrs O can accept we all have a bit of common sense!