PDA

View Full Version : hello fellow childminders! please help :D

char_eloise
05-10-2011, 07:58 PM
:clapping: yay! I'm just awaiting my certificate andiinsurenace and then i can start childminding! I've already got one child for 21 hours a week on tues weds and thurs and my friend is also wanting me to look after her little boy.

i have a questions about parents who work shifts and how i should go about charging them. i'm going to charge 3.50 an hour and 4 pound an hour at weekends. on some weeks i may not be needed as much by my friend and she may do early pick up which she'll be able to tell me bout at the begning of each month. for example, she does 7 hour shifts but on a 3 to 10 shift her mum or partner can pick baby up at 5 ish. Do you think i should charge for a minimum or number of hours?

and how do you go about fitting in shift working parents? i'm a bit confused :panic: and would love to hear what you do!!!:blush:

Charlotte :D :D :D :o :)

tulip0803
05-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Hi

Congratulations on registering and having your first mindee:clapping: .

I have a shift worker and charge for the hours they do on a day (always at least 7) but if they are not with me I charge a retainer of about half. I would definitely charge a minimum for the short days as you have that space blocked by that child and would not be able to take on another contract because they will need the day the next week. You need to work out what you feel is resonable to charge.

I charge £3.30ph normal hours and £5ph weekends, bank hols, before 8am and after 6pm weekdays. £6ph eves, early starts weekends and bank hols.

Penny1959
05-10-2011, 09:14 PM
I charge for a minnumber of hours per week (in my case 50% of a full time fee which buys mum 15 hours of childcasre - so a premium rate) she then pays per hour for any hours she needs over and above 15 hrs.

I am happy with the min fee when mum does not do many hours - but also like the exta amount as and when when works more hours.

On and congratulations on becoming registered

Penny :)