PDA

View Full Version : xmas treasure basket

LucyS
05-10-2011, 10:42 AM
I only look after a 1 year old at the moment so am struggling on things for him to do as he doesnt sit still and doesnt concentrate for very long at all.

Ive been told to focus on making treasure baskets for him because it covers most of the eyfs :)

Any ideas of what I could put in one for xmas ?

I thought maybe some dired orange fr smell and texture, santas hat, a child safe tree decoration, pine cone, but still need some more ideas??

sarah707
05-10-2011, 11:29 AM
I would just do a normal treasure basket and then add some Christmas themed resources like you have mentioned.

Does he enjoy throwing things? You could include bean bags in seasonal colours or some child safe baubles :D

sillysausage
05-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Jingle bells, muslin bags with spices such as nutmeg and cinnamon in them.

With good supervision you could put in a length of tinsel (removing it whenever you might need to do something else as you wouldn't want them to try and eat it or get it wrapped around their necks etc)

Maza
05-10-2011, 11:55 AM
As above. You could also make some discovery bottles containing smaller Christmasy objects which would otherwise be too dangerous for a 1 year old - glitery pom poms, smaller bells, glitter, glitter in water etc. I bet your little one wuld love playing with old wrapping paper, or wrap an old box in Christmas paper and cut holes in the box for him to drop objects into, or slits for him to post things. I've just bought a triangle (musical instrument variety!) for mine to add to the bells that I bought last year - it takes years to build up your resources! Don't forget to add Christmas scents to your playdough too. Oooh, I'm feeling rather festive! Have fun. x

Toothfairy
06-10-2011, 07:24 AM
I am going to make a letter box out of an old box and wrapping it in xmas paper. I've saved all my old xmas cards from last year and the children can post them through the slot. :thumbsup:

In your treasure basket, you could have a xmas paper plate, A small snow globe (under supervision) and a wooden candy cane.

You can make playdough and add scents like Vanilla and mixed spice.

jumpinjen
06-10-2011, 08:36 AM
I put strings of christmas beads - the plastic ones that are gold and red and silver, they are huge long lengths and the little ones love them, they pour and rattle and are wonderful!

jen x