PDA

View Full Version : claim for steam mop?

Bluebell
04-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Hi I wondered if anyone could tell me if I can claim for a steam mop or only a proportion?

I have been through 3 normal mops since starting childminding earlier in the year and have had loads of recommendations to get a steam mop.

I obviously need to keep my floors clean for me and my families use so maybe can not justify the whole cost but I probably wouldn't spend out the kind of money for a steam mop if it was just for us! I also like that you can steam clean toys and so on to keep them hygenic without having to use lots of sanitisers.

Any advice appreciated!!!

mrs robbie williams
04-10-2011, 05:15 PM
sorry no advice on claiming but wanted one for ages - i cant seem to find a mop that suits me - how much was your steam one? (the things we talk about on here :laughing: :laughing:) xx

aly
04-10-2011, 09:19 PM
I'd say yes.

:thumbsup:

Lilylulu
04-10-2011, 11:16 PM
I think it is perfectly reasonable to put this sort of thing through. I would claim it all in one year, I wouldn't expect it to last more than a couple of years anyway, but may be wrong.

Chatterbox Childcare
05-10-2011, 10:40 AM
I purchased one last year and claimed it all. It sanitises as it goes and is invaluable for the little ones. The only extra costs are the pads as you wear through them a lot and they are expensive but I claim all of that too.

onceinabluemoon
05-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Debbie which one do you have? I've been looking at getting one too and like the look of the H2o one but its quite expensive if its not very good.

Chatterbox Childcare
05-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Debbie which one do you have? I've been looking at getting one too and like the look of the H2o one but its quite expensive if its not very good.

I am on my second one of these in 3 years but it is fab and not much water on the floor afterwards - beware the pads are expensive so order extra with the mop to cut down on delivery costs.

http://www.pitch.tv/eco-steam-cleaner.aspx

busybee123
05-10-2011, 07:42 PM
I agree also I would claim it all as you stated the only reason your purchasing it is for your childminding business. They came very highly recomended by the food hygiene instructor as the best tool.

onceinabluemoon
06-10-2011, 11:57 AM
I am on my second one of these in 3 years but it is fab and not much water on the floor afterwards - beware the pads are expensive so order extra with the mop to cut down on delivery costs.

http://www.pitch.tv/eco-steam-cleaner.aspx

Thanks Debbie