PDA

View Full Version : OU not very helpful!

loopylu
24-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Hi guys,

I applied to do the E123 on the OU. Went though all the forms etc., and the other day got my final form to send back - but they had only given me 24 hours to return it before the cut off date!!

I rung up, and asked for an extension of time to get it back to them as I'd only received it that day - and the guy was quite unhelpful, he told me well we posted it 7 days ago. I explained that I'd only received it today - so he said 'best thing is to get it sent back registered so you can prove the date you sent it back was the cut off date" - GEE thanks!

So now I don't know if I'll get through to even do the course.... disappointed to say the least, as its not my fault. I at least expected a bit of support on the other end of the phone.

angeldelight
24-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Crikey I can see this guy had no christmas spirit

How stupid and mean

Have you sent it off now ?

Hope you manage to make it

Merry christmas

Angel xx

loopylu
24-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Hi Angel,

Yes, I rushed around trying to get it photocopied, then spent £4.20 to get it sent back next day delivery. The thing was, if I was employed by someone (nursery say), then I'd have had to have gotten my employees to sign papers - so luckily I didn't have to, but I feel sorry for anyone who might have had to as employers are very quick and they would have missed this course because of their lack of organisation!

It even said on the form, if you need an extension of time to decide whether you wish to do the course, just ring them.

Moan over, just hope I get through - I stuck a note on it saying "please note this document was only received today"!

Have a great Christmas - hope it all went well today?

angeldelight
24-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Glad you managed to send it off

I think if I was you I would really kick up a fuss if they still do not allow it

Good luck let us know when you hear from them

I had a good morning early shopping and going to see my grandsons in a few hours

Have a good day and a good christmas

Angel xxx

loopylu
24-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Angel, probably confused you then didn't I? I forgot it was still early - as I'm used to coming on here late!!

I was referring to 'hope you had a good day' to you seeing your grandsons - I think you got what I meant! Have a great day, I will be thinking about you.

angeldelight
24-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Yeah I realised what you meant haha

Let you know how it goes

Thankyou

Angel xx

loopylu
04-01-2008, 09:41 AM
I received all my paperwork for the OU course - so I got through!

Now I'm looking at a big box full of paperwork and thinking OMG! ha ha - glad I didn't take on the E124 aswell as the E123!

angeldelight
04-01-2008, 09:43 AM
Yippie Lou that is good news well done

Angel xxx

LittleMissSparkles
04-01-2008, 09:48 AM
that great news..... you just have tostart the work now !!!!

xxx

loopylu
04-01-2008, 09:52 AM
thanks guys,

and they actually rung me yesterday to ask if I had any questions etc, like an introduction call. She was very helpful. I told her I was pregnant - and she said that if I had any prob's or was tired / sick I can ring my course tutor and they may extend the period I have to get work back - that was very nice of her! So they are helpful again, now!

sarah707
04-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Congratulations! Now the fun begins.... :D

LittleMissSparkles
04-01-2008, 01:30 PM
thanks guys,

and they actually rung me yesterday to ask if I had any questions etc, like an introduction call. She was very helpful. I told her I was pregnant - and she said that if I had any prob's or was tired / sick I can ring my course tutor and they may extend the period I have to get work back - that was very nice of her! So they are helpful again, now!

hope it stays that way for you and the bloke you got to start with was just having a bad day !

xxx

mrsbumbles
04-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Question: Did you get funding for this?

loopylu
04-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Hi Mrs Mumbles,

Yes I did get funding. If you want to have a look on their website its:
www.open.ac.uk

mrsbumbles
04-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Thankyou i will.