PDA

View Full Version : late payment fee

*daisychain*
29-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Hi,
I'm due to fill in a the contract of my first minde tomorrow so trying to get my head round it now, just wondering what others charge for a late payment fee ?

Beetlejuice
29-09-2011, 09:02 PM
I charge £5 a day for every day I don't get paid. I've had to charge it three times in four years so it's a reasonable deterent I think! I know minders round here who go weeks without getting paid and I just couldn't afford to live like that.

miffy
29-09-2011, 09:03 PM
I charge £5 a day for every day I don't get paid. I've had to charge it three times in four years so it's a reasonable deterent I think! I know minders round here who go weeks without getting paid and I just couldn't afford to live like that.

I do exactly the same.

Miffy xx

*daisychain*
29-09-2011, 09:10 PM
Thank you x I need to get my head around being a business woman and not just a childcare worker now ! :)

Beetlejuice
29-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Thank you x I need to get my head around being a business woman and not just a childcare worker now ! :)

It's an adjustment but a couple of times being treated like a doormat toughens you up lol! :D

Penny1959
30-09-2011, 03:41 AM
I don't charge a late payment fee - as I think it suggests late payment is ok provided happy to pay.

It is not ok

My parents pay a month in advance and if they don't pay - it is very simple - I don't look after the children until they pay - and that includes for any days that I have not had the children due to not paying on time.

I have not had a problem since introducing this - as the one thing that causes parents difficulties is not having childcare - it is also much easier to implement than trying too actually get your hands on a late payment fee!

However do check the contracts you use to make sure you do not have a clause that says can not refuse care if payment late.

Penny :)

angeldelight
30-09-2011, 04:10 AM
I charge a late fee if £5 too

Only ever charged it once snd felt bad about it,but it worked they were never late again :laughing:

Good luck hope it all goes ok

Angel xx