PDA

View Full Version : no receipts!

Rubybaby
26-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Hello all! I'm sure there's been a thread about this before but can't find it now!!
I was wondering whether any of you claim for un receipted items (eg boot sale toys and equipment?). I wasn't going to bother to be honest, but I think I read that un receipted items should be put in the accounts book asap? Would this be just under misc items ?

Chatterbox Childcare
26-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Make a note yourself of what you brought and how much it cost.

If you are buying toys and equipment then put it in that column. I cannot think of anything you would buy for a misc column from a car boot.

Don't forget to sell your old toys and equipment to yourself by writing a receipt from yourself too. It all adds up!

Rubybaby
26-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Thanks for your advice... It certainly does add up! Of course you are right (why would you put toys/equipment in the misc column?) just having a mad moment, sorry! x

km2581
28-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Don't forget to sell your old toys and equipment to yourself by writing a receipt from yourself too. It all adds up!

:thumbsup: Aah good thinking do you mean like toys & things your own kids have grown out of & you now use for mindees ? (didn't know you could do that )

you don't actually need reciepts for items under £10 anyway do you ?

Chatterbox Childcare
28-09-2011, 01:06 PM

:thumbsup: Aah good thinking do you mean like toys & things your own kids have grown out of & you now use for mindees ? (didn't know you could do that )

you don't actually need reciepts for items under £10 anyway do you ?

not unless you spend more than £10 accumulated during one days shop. i.e. if you spent £5 in 3 places when shopping you need to keep the receipts for all

jane5
28-09-2011, 03:33 PM
not unless you spend more than £10 accumulated during one days shop. i.e. if you spent £5 in 3 places when shopping you need to keep the receipts for all

I didnt know this :panic:

I have only saved the receipts if they come to £10 or more in 1 transaction. So I have to save the receipts for all in 1 shopping trip?

Chatterbox Childcare
28-09-2011, 05:36 PM
I didnt know this :panic:

I have only saved the receipts if they come to £10 or more in 1 transaction. So I have to save the receipts for all in 1 shopping trip?

That is what I was told and on numerous occasions with meetings with the tax office