PDA

View Full Version : How long?

fionaholmes
25-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Hi there,
I'm just wondering how long it took everyone from completing the application and paying the registration fee to being certified. Does it take the full 3 months?
Thanks, Fiona

sarah707
25-09-2011, 02:20 PM
It will depend on your Disclosure Scotland and how long that takes to come back - it can be longer if you have moved or been in the forces.

Then how long your doctor takes to complete and send back your medical check form.

Then how long your SCSWIS officer takes to come and visit...

You should assume it will take the full 3 months or longer... and be pleasantly surprised if it's quicker.

Don't forget to let us know how you are getting on :D

Amyclark32
25-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Hi there, probably not what you want to here but I sent my forms away on April 20th and I'm still waiting. I finally have my inspector coming to see me on tuesday and hopefully give me the go ahead. I've had all my checks in place for 3ish months (including pvg) but the inspector has been too busy and had annual leave etc so it's taken so long for her to get out to my house. Think they are short staffed too. Feels like forever.

Demonjill
25-09-2011, 05:34 PM
hmmmm its usually more like 6 months average.

first time around 8 months with CC and this time 5 months with SCSWIS both start to finish

good luck :thumbsup:

fionaholmes
27-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Depressing news - thanks girls!

nipper
27-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Not wanting to depress you further...I sent off my registration forms at the end of April and became registered at the end of July. I am an ex primary school teacher with an enhanced CRB though, so I suppose I wasn't too hard to find on their systems.

Demonjill
27-09-2011, 09:29 PM
I just cant believe its taken so long to RE REGISTER lol

It was only 2009 i was reg before.:rolleyes:

kellib
28-09-2011, 09:29 PM
It took 9 months for mine to get completed.

fionamadcat
29-09-2011, 08:51 AM
My registration took 6 months, my advice to get registered quicker would be to have everything in place, if they ask you to do something do it as quick as you can. Mine was held up by them asking me to get a handrail put up on my stairs and the back and forwards of the policies and procedures.

Fiona

Demonjill
13-10-2011, 12:00 AM
My registration took 6 months, my advice to get registered quicker would be to have everything in place, if they ask you to do something do it as quick as you can. Mine was held up by them asking me to get a handrail put up on my stairs and the back and forwards of the policies and procedures.

Fiona

LOl I had to get a handrail put up on my stairs in my old house too. Prob because my CCO was a dottery old thing lol:laughing:

Not got one in new house, stairs are steeper and it was ok :thumbsup: